Scorpius Wireless Controller And Analogue Module

Vinno

Soooo, did it work???

lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just got my controller, module & dongle on Tuesday and didn't have a chance to try it till tonight (Friday night race night).

Gotta say I'm very happy with it. Plugged it in and raced...no problems. It feels about the same as my DeFalco but I prefer the feel of the wiperless trigger.

Also, it felt like the brakes worked better.

I haven't tried setting my own curves yet...gotta figure that part out.

I've put away my 2 Slot-It controllers and it's a toss-up between the deFalco and Scorpius, but once I figure out the set up, I think the Scorpius will be my main controller.

We have an adjustable power supply on each lane (7 to 17 volts) and NO RULES! We do bracket races, where you announce your fastest lap and if you break out, you get 0 points for that heat. The start is staggered and 1/10 second is about 3ft on the track, so the slowest car starts at the line, someone 2/10 faster starts 6ft back, etc. We do 5 lap sprints and in theory all 3 cars hit the finish line at the same time.

You're allowed to change your breakout time after every race.

Using this system, you can run any car you have in your collection, there's no rules, no arguing and it doesn't matter who you're racing against.

The most important thing is to run consistent laps...and you need a controller that you're comfortable with.