Guest jazzbell

Nsw 2014

Great to see Cam and Shane on the same page for the up-coming MCN.. I commend them both for standing firm and being sensitive to the fact - especially for the 1/24 the racers - that locked in rules, and a reasonable "no new product releases" deadline are an absolute necessity for racers to have the confidence to start planning and building cars for upcoming race. Should be a great MCN,

Be happy, start building, and all the best on race day.

P.S. Go for it Lenny Broke.. and start building now!

Regards,

Kim

Thanks Kim, I won't please everyone but I'll try. :ph34r:

Alan is a great bloke and can pull a trigger, it will be great to have him along in Dapto....actually it will be great to have all the racers who put in the effort to travel for this event.

Any guys from NZ interested?

I will go out of my way to lend competitive metal chassis cars for you guys if you don't have them. I know the Kiwi's are very good at setting up/driving the plastic cars...I need to learn from you :wub:

Some more Sydney/NSW guys would fantastic as well, even if you have never raced before, it is great to soak up the atmosphere of a big race meet.

All of the experienced guys will go out of there way to lend a hand and help you out.

- Cam

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

dandaloo hotel for pub type accommodation, Elsinore motor inn for simple accommodation. Both a few minutes drive from the track. For something a little more upmarket, look to Wollongong, 20 minutes from Dapto.

Hello all. With the super 32 division rear tyre/ wheel width being maximum of 13mm. I have measured my wheels and the rim measures 13mm wide but the tyre measures 14. Will I need to make a modification to my wheels to comply?

Thanks

Hi Chris,

To avoid any confusion I would like to keep the wheel and tyre width at 13mm.

Should be easy to take a little bit off the tyre to match the rim width, personally I don't think you would want the tyre over hanging the rim anyway.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

MCN Shirts have arrived. I have quite a few XL's, limited numbers of the other sizes.

PM me to order yours before they go!

$25 ea.

13735179594_ba80a9da9a.jpg

13734777145_137fa723a1.jpg

Hoo Roo

FYI,

A new Lexus 430 (2012) Mini Z body has just been released in Petronas and ZENT liveries, please be advised this body is NOT able to be raced at the MCN.

The older Lexus 430 (2006) is still OK which is on the car body list.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Guest jazzbell

Hi guys,

Not long to the MCN now. In regards to the wheel inserts for the 1/32 rear wheels for the MCN it will not be compulsory to run the rear inserts.

Reason is due to the choice of wheels the diameter of inserts may not fit certain wheels.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Just to clarify Shanes post above, this applies to plastic chassis cars. Plafit (including 1/32 scale div 1 & 2) and Scaleauto classes require wheel inserts.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Guest jazzbell

Even closer now guy's.

The question has been asked about front and rear end axle movement .YES you can add washers to reduce your axle movement.

It is in the rules........Side play may be adjusted by adding axle washers.

Note, do not go cutting the motor shaft off in the slot.it class and then adjusting your axle movement with washers,a NO NO and elegal.

See you soon.

regards shane a

team NSR

Hi Shane

what about the vertical play in cars like the NSR ,Ninco ect.

Can that be minimized by the use of a spacer ect?

Rodney

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane

what about the vertical play in cars like the NSR ,Ninco ect.

Can that be minimized by the use of a spacer ect?

Rodney

Side ways movement only.

Shane

Alec will have food available and you can order good coffee from him or we will have instant coffee upstairs.

This is coming up fast.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

If anyone would like to enter the 1/24 Nascar race but doesn't have a car, send me a PM so I can organise one for you.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Guest jazzbell

Not even a week to go now. Sent off some great prizes in a large box on Friday. Big thanks to all once again.

For those getting there Thursday track will be open 10am till late.

packed and ready.........

nationals2014002_zpsb6c9d188.jpg

nationals2014001_zpsc5c6545d.jpg

see everyone next week.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Hi guys,

I won't be attending this year as I have too many commitments with work and uni.

Wishing everyone a safe trip over if you are travelling and good luck in the races!

1x Australian National Champion

PhD/Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering for Slot Car Tyres

Nationals is very exciting time for sure. heartache, anticipation, anger, relief, disbelief all common emotions on any given campaign. the worst hard luck story i know of, was in 1999 when a fellow competitor came second in the respective events he chose......twice on the same day, by 1 metre.

1 metre.........

with the driving talent and preparation skills that is evident accross adelaide, i am in awe of the current crop of racers. you amaze me.

good luck for next week.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

looks like plenty of "reserves", nice group of cars,pity I can't get down there for at least a look.

Terry

Guest jazzbell

Guys anyone in need of spares I'll be bringing nsr wheels and motors . Also I'll have the scaleauto rear wheels available for people as I know people are needing them.

See you tomorrow .

Regards Shane a

Team thunderbird

Good luck to everyone that is racing.Unfortunately i won't be able to attend due to my position at work being made redundant.