Nsw 2014

Guest jazzbell

Paul, I'm totally okay with six months.. even 3 months . All we are asking for is a REAL cut-off date for ANY changes from Plafit so we time our build accordingly. This is not unreasonable and is obviously falling on deaf ears.. as it does every year.

Like I said, no respect for the racers. I wont say any further on this subject and wish everyone a good run at the MCN.

Edited by axman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jazzbell

Let's talk facts......

Jazzbell event organiser.

Jazzbell organised sponsorships.

Jazzbell pay for race director to do the MCN.

Jazzbell has had rules up scince September.

Jazzbell changed open mini z class to Plafit thinking of others and to be the better option for all. AS THE RULE WERE and as we run the MCN in 2011,12 and 13.

You guys have a meeting in Queensland over YOUR RULES then I'm told to change what is already in place for the MCN 2014.i could go on.

Yes I have the dead line of the 31st of January 2014 on rule change which IS my decision on any rule change?

Plastic car rules have been set from day posted with know change.The foam rule tyre change for this year we discussed at the MCN in 2013 and thought it would be best for all. Yes we talked of rules last year for this year.

I'll still be racing as I've always supported the MCN and done more for the this event over the years than ANYONE.

I'd rather just roll up to race now instead of reading what people have to say that have know intentions of racing or who haven't been to an MCN in years.

I love slot cars,specially promoting events and being apart of it,but if you don't have the support from where it matters I won't bother anymore. Better off enjoying my racing .

Shane

I will now be handling the Plafit racing at this years MCN.

The rules will be updated as soon as I get a chance, but a summary of changes is as follows:

Mini-Z GT

- Min. car weight 165.0g

- No maximum polar length

- Updated body list

I will not be changing the MZ wheel diameters, they will be as per last years APC/MCN.

1/32 GT Div 1 + 2

- Re-grouping Div 1 and Div 2 ( Move all light weight bodies to Div 1 )

- Pointer Motor replacement : Fox II Motor

- Clarification on black window matter and not allowing body kits without original diffusers and front spoilers

- Updated body list

1/24 Historic's

- Minimum front wheels/tire diameter 22.0mm

- Updated body list

These changes will be easily implemented, even for novice racers and actually improve the racing IMO.

It would be nice to move on from the speculative posts in this thread and hopefully see some positive input to promote years MCN.

- Cam

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

Hey Cam... Any favourite Scaleauto body at Dapto... I've not driven there yet, and in the pics there are a few tight turns... after what looks like long fast straights. The Audi's and Porsche tend to be very pointy where as the Jag and Merc a bit more forgiving up here on our garage tracks... or BMW Z4 be the dark horse...

Edited by axman

Not really sure, I haven't raced one for months. I like the Audi, Jims Merc was always nice to drive and my trusty M3 won a few races as well. It really depends on your driving style and what you are comfortable with. Maybe bring a long car like a Merc and a shorter car like a Porsche or Z4 and see what works best.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Hey Cam... Any favourite Scaleauto body at Dapto... I've not driven there yet, and in the pics there are a few tight turns... after what looks like long fast straights. The Audi's and Porsche tend to be very pointy where as the Jag and Merc a bit more forgiving up here on our garage tracks... or BMW Z4 be the dark horse...

Hi Kim

I think basically all the Scaleauto's are fine at X-Treme & as usual comes down to how well it is set up.

We've stopped racing them on Mondays but they are able to run on our Thursday night 1/24th in the GT class & as the MCN approaches I'm sure a few will get dusted off & tested.

My Merc & Jag are OK with the Merc a little bit better but that could be in the set up,my Porsche is my favourite but that is just because I love the body,either car is OK & Cam has a very good Audi & the Z4 will be a goer.

We are still using the stock Scaleauto motor as we've had no probs with them so they'll be a little quicker with the NSR evo's,gonna have to get one soon! :blink:

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Thanks Jimmy and Cam. We're now running the stock Scaleauto motor at Jans every 2nd week now and getting some surprisingly fast times. As you say its all about the setup and the taller gearing of the Enduro certainly gives it legs but its probably the brakes and acceleration with a 10t on the NSR that will give it the edge on your track.

Edited by axman

I have made some updates to the Plafit rules including updated body lists and a general tidy up.

From the end of January, no further changes will occur to these rules. If any new bodies and/or Plafit parts are released they will NOT be eligible for racing at this years event.

Please be advised you need to refer to the rules and be sure you are purchasing a component/body/chassis that is homologated , for example the new GTC/GTX chassis is not allowed for any class at the MCN.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

- Cam

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jazzbell

Hello. Slot.it group c question. Can I add a washer/bush to the front axel holder arrangement to help restrict movement? It's not a modification, it's an addition?!?! Go.

The rules for front end allows washers to be used to restrict movement . Rule is under front axle ,number 3.

Only washers ,know bushes or bearings .

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Great to see Cam and Shane on the same page for the up-coming MCN.. I commend them both for standing firm and being sensitive to the fact - especially for the 1/24 the racers - that locked in rules, and a reasonable "no new product releases" deadline are an absolute necessity for racers to have the confidence to start planning and building cars for upcoming race. Should be a great MCN,

Be happy, start building, and all the best on race day.

P.S. Go for it Lenny Broke.. and start building now!

Regards,

Kim

Edited by axman

Great to see Cam and Shane on the same page for the up-coming MCN.. I commend them both for standing firm and being sensitive to the fact - especially for the 1/24 the racers - that locked in rules, and a reasonable "no new product releases" deadline are an absolute necessity for racers to have the confidence to start planning and building cars for upcoming race. Should be a great MCN,

Be happy, start building, and all the best on race day.

P.S. Go for it Lenny Broke.. and start building now!

Regards,

Kim

Thanks Kim, I won't please everyone but I'll try. :ph34r:

Alan is a great bloke and can pull a trigger, it will be great to have him along in Dapto....actually it will be great to have all the racers who put in the effort to travel for this event.

Any guys from NZ interested?

I will go out of my way to lend competitive metal chassis cars for you guys if you don't have them. I know the Kiwi's are very good at setting up/driving the plastic cars...I need to learn from you :wub:

Some more Sydney/NSW guys would fantastic as well, even if you have never raced before, it is great to soak up the atmosphere of a big race meet.

All of the experienced guys will go out of there way to lend a hand and help you out.

- Cam

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

To avoid any confusion I would like to keep the wheel and tyre width at 13mm.

Should be easy to take a little bit off the tyre to match the rim width, personally I don't think you would want the tyre over hanging the rim anyway.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI,

A new Lexus 430 (2012) Mini Z body has just been released in Petronas and ZENT liveries, please be advised this body is NOT able to be raced at the MCN.

The older Lexus 430 (2006) is still OK which is on the car body list.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jazzbell

Hi guys,

Not long to the MCN now. In regards to the wheel inserts for the 1/32 rear wheels for the MCN it will not be compulsory to run the rear inserts.

Reason is due to the choice of wheels the diameter of inserts may not fit certain wheels.

Regards shane a

Team NSR