Nsw 2014

Guest jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

I'd like to announce the 2014 Scale Model Nationals will be held in NSW.

June long weekend Queensbirthday 6th,7th and 8th 2014.

Venue will be Extremetrax 1/60 Marshall st,Dapto,NSW 2530 Australia.

The following classes will be raced are.........

1/32 Scale SCX Nascar

1/32 scale Ninco GT

1/32 Scale NSR classic

1/32 Scale Slot-it group c

1/32 scale open class LMP/PROTO

1/32 scale Scalextric Gt magnet class/This class is for anyone that has never placed in a national or state championship before.

1/32 Scale Plafit div 1 and 2 will be grouped and race together.

1/27 Scale Plafit mini-z

1/24 Scale Plafit Can-am

1/24 Scale Auto

1/24 Scale Nascar

1 major rule change next year for the rtr 32 scale classes,foam tyres are being introduced for all classes bar the Scx Nascar class.(MJK or Standard tyre)and scalextric magnet class.

The other change is the Minni z class.The pointer motor will be changed to the FOX 2.

Nsr Mosler has been taken out and has been replaced with Nascar 24 scale.

Please follow the other topics that will be on offer,rules ,classes,format ,sponsors and accommodation.

Once i have class rules up NO changes will be made after January 31st 2014.

So i hope we can all support the 2014 scale nats at Extremetrax.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Shane good advance notice to setup the two new cars that I need.

Any recommendations on the CANAM class car (my all-time favourite class).

Regards

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Any recommendations on the CANAM class car (my all-time favourite class).

Which one Ray, NSR or Plafit 1/24?

Ray would be talking Plafit Cam.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

This is great Shane to announce the event so well in advance. The biggest news is your decision to go to Foam tyres in 1/32 plastic. This has to be the biggest single reason why I and other 1/24th racers have not got into 1/32 competition. Now, everyone, can have a go racing with great looking cheap cars and not have to be some kind of flubber scientist to get the rubber tyres working.

Guest jazzbell

This is great Shane to announce the event so well in advance. The biggest news is your decision to go to Foam tyres in 1/32 plastic. This has to be the biggest single reason why I and other 1/24th racers have not got into 1/32 competition. Now, everyone, can have a go racing with great looking cheap cars and not have to be some kind of flubber scientist to get the rubber tyres working.

Glad you like the decision on the foam tyres as they work a treat.

My preparation has started already for the 2014 MCN and last night it was foam tyre testing. Don't really care if I ever see rubber again.

Instantly quick from lap 1 the glued and trued foam wheels. Know treatments and lap records were smashed on every track I drove.

It will be great for all on the introduction of these wheels and tyres.

The support from the Queenslanders and yourself will make this another great event and it will be great racing you guys in the 32 scale RTR. Already been onto Andrew ,Noel and others. Hopefully the the Texan will come down too.

The one and only race director who is happy to do the the MCN for the 3 days Garry Johnson too

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane

Just to make it clear, are the 1/24 MJK NASCARs running on MJK rubber tyres?

Rodney

Rodney I'm awaiting the rules from Mr Jimmy and Cam to sort I few changes on the class rules. I know it's a local favourite .

But I believe it will be the Mjk rubber.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Guy's ,

This will go into the race program as well, just giving heads up. Hand out motors will be run at the MCN in the Plafit classes.

I will sponsor these motors for the event so the cost will still remain at $15 entry. Motors will be all tested by Werner.Cars will then sit in parc ferm over night.

Motor fitting will be done on the Saturday night.

The NSR Evo 25,000king will be run in the Scale auto class, motor wrappers must be taken off to show original 25,000 stamp.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Hey Shane I take it the removal of the wrapper is for verification of the motor?

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

Team Thunderbird

Thanks for the heads up Shane. with the above motor rules, Werners input, foam tyres for the 1/32, and your very informative 1/32 plastic build I can only see positive reasons for all serious racers to have a go at this event. Jason, (the 1/32 Scalextric World Champ) has made a succesfull transition to 1/24.. be interesting to see how the 1/24 racers go in 1/32.

• 2 weeks later...

All looks good. I haven't been racing for what seems an eternity but I am going to try and make this event. I have a few cars that are half decent already and aided by my super car building friend Ray, I may actually have some better cars this time out. It will be great t see the Dapto boys again. I think they are the friendliest group of racers anywhere.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Hi all please see the poster for the 2014 Nationals. Copies will be sent out to the various national raceways shortly.

Regards

Ray

SMN-DAPTO-2014_zps2bc4fc74.gif

Edited by Ratracer

Team Thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Guys a change has been made for the mini-z class.

Respecting the locals and the owner having a wall of Plafit product,the mini-z will be Plafit not open mini-z.

I've made the change on the classes and race schedule .

Shane

Guest jazzbell

Just like to mention that people who would like to use the NSR glued and trued foam tyres,Chris the owner of Thunderbird raceway has told me he has placed a large order for the next shipment.

They are expensive compared to other brands,but people who are going to race at the MCN will be looked after very well .The special price will only be for people who will be attending the MCN too.

I recommend pre order as they will go fast,but more will be available well before the event.Even let your local shop know to make sure they get there orders in.

Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can we have the class rule/regs for the 1/24 NASCAR posted please. I understand from Shane that one of the Dapto Club members is preparing these. Just want some time to get the correct parts to start building for this class

Regards

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

Team Thunderbird

Hi can we have the class rule/regs for the 1/24 NASCAR posted please. I understand from Shane that one of the Dapto Club members is preparing these. Just want some time to get the correct parts to start building for this class

Regards

Ray

Coming soon Ray

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Regards

Ray

Coming soon Ray

Cheers Jimmy

Ray

Team Thunderbird

The pre painted (pro finish) Chev Monte Carlo's are OK. As Chris suggested the AMT kits are 1/25 scale and don't work as well as 1/24's. The white kit later model Dodges are also very heavy. Most other white kits are pretty good.

Hoo Roo