2013 Canam Conclusion

drw21

Hi Guys, once again I'd like to thank all those involved with this years NZ Proxy Race, it has been a pleasure to keep it going.

I'm sure we are all happy with the way it has panned out.

Mike and I are happy to run CanAm again for 2014 as well as another Proxy Race for Group 5 cars later in the year.

I have posted the cars of Branco, Aunty Alice, Pitlane3, HGPanel, SlotMadMac and LennyBroke yesterday.

Today I will post cars back to Alexis in Greece, Stubbo and Bunyip.

The Auckland guys have had their cars handed back to them.

Mike has flown down to Wellington for the 12 hour and has passed on cars back to Nitro0440, and the gang from Taranaki.

Can all you guys please e-mail me once you get your cars back so I know they got home safely, thanks heaps.

Looking forward to CanAm in 2014 (it will be earlier in the year so keep ya eyes open)

All the best with your racing Guys - Dave

Edited by drw21

A big thanks for running the series guys. I will be back with a much better tuned car next year. cheers.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

my car home safely, cheers guys

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi guys,

thanks for running the series again.

Sorry for the late entry, will try to do better next year.

Happy with the top 10 final result.

Thanks to everybody invloved.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Apologies to all for not replying sooner, we had a sudden loss in the family and for a while slot cars were the last thing on my mind.

I am extremely surprised but happy to have won the 2013 NZ CanAm Series, I guess will have to retire now, go out on top.

Many thanks to all involved in this year's proxy, it has been extremely well organised and smoothly run.

I like the idea of a group 5 proxy but of course hope the CanAm stays, look forward to allowing interseries cars next year as I have a soft spot for the Led Zeppelin sponsored McLaren.

Cheers Shane

Hi DRW21/Dave.

Have not got my cars back yet but have been advised they are back in Taranaki so I will pick them up at weekend.

Thanks again for such a great series and a special thanks also to all the people that ran the rounds in such an efficient and timely manner.

Look forward to next year and have already started to get parts for Group 5 proxy later in year. We only have one Group 5 running in Taranaki at present so here is hoping a few more will appear in coming months.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

DRW21 - all Taranaki cars now returned to owner. Ta for that.

ORAKEI - I know it is all over but would you please change your records to show that Trent's and Mike's cars (McLaren M20 and Lola 222) both retained the original Carrera chassis (they were not altered to Slot-it as shown in your spreadsheet) so Trent's was first non-podded car.

From my point of view it is disappointing there are so few non-Slot-it/NSR chassised cars. Only 6 this year. I would certainly support an award for the first non-podded and first Class B car rather than a separate Class B. That way all cars share in overall competition but the non-podded and Class B cars still get some encouragement. Event also retains a builders element rather than just a tuning exercise.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

From my point of view it is disappointing there are so few non-Slot-it/NSR chassised cars. Only 6 this year. I would certainly support an award for the first non-podded and first Class B car rather than a separate Class B. That way all cars share in overall competition but the non-podded and Class B cars still get some encouragement. Event also retains a builders element rather than just a tuning exercise.
well said....I agree with you Charles.

I like the idea of a combined field racing together but teasing the data out afterwards.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

That could be a way to go, but I think it will/would mean the death of any class B entries.

The idea of a class B was for the physically smaller cars (in scale) that represent the earlier years of CanAm.

After all, despite the excellent tuning of the little Revell M6s, I can't see people choosing to run a small, non-podded car which has little chance against later year entries which are scale models of physically much larger cars.

Just a choice for Dave and Mike to make I guess, but give it careful thought, as you could well end up with a narrower range in the field as a result of making that change.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks for support Munter.

Fair comment SlotsNZ but depends on whether you want to be in to compete or just to win. Only one car can win.

For myself I will certainly still enter my McLaren M6a. I might even shout it some new tyres as the current ones have lasted for three years.

Thinking about it; is a class award greatly different to separate Class B, I think a possibility of a class award and position overall is just as good if not better.

This year for example I was second in Class B but was certainly far from last overall. At one round I even qualified 5th possibly ahead of the eventual winner. Hope I have this right Hgpanel. Looking back to the 2012 rules Class B cars would have been 1st and 4th on handicap.

Also note Taranaki entered half the non-podded field. Those cars will possibly be entered again.

I would certainly hope to see some of the Class B cars return but there is no guarantee I agree.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Hi Guys,

Munter, CharlesX and SlotsNZ all have good comments. It's great to get some feed back, my plan is to make next year even better.

I'll be putting that one in for next year Chas, we'll definately have the 'highest placed non podded car' as something that any one can aim for.

I would like to guys to continue to enter Class B cars as it really is great to have a wonderfull mix of cars, just look at any of the photos that were taken.

Class B cars have there own competition in the background as well as see so how well they do against the rest of the bunch and maybe even aim for the highest placed non podded spot too.

So keep building guys and get those CanAm cars race ready for 2014 - Dave

ps, Chas, don't worry about the 2 cars from Taranaki showing as having a Slot-It chassis, thats just a typo on my part.

Trent Snr will be getting a certificate to show his car was the highest placed non podded entry in the NZ CanAm Series Proxy Race.

Edited by drw21