Erskine Park International Raceway

itelectrical

Here is the new Track when first setup. Scenery added later.

It is about 21 metres per lane and fastest lap time is with a box standard FLY Lola B98/10 which did 4.98 seconds.

games016.jpg

games013.jpg

mytrack.jpg

mytrack2.jpg

Edited by itelectrical

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

Thanks Pete and Charlie,

The Track Base is 4.5 metres by 2.2 metres. The "astro turf" is cut out to fit around the track. Im using AFX Lap Timers to start/stop races which have a great setup, easy to use and are very reliable. The Scalex Sport Track sensors are not so good though as they miss certain types of cars on the odd occasion.

The track is pretty fast but there is a degree of difficulty in the inner area The lane times are very even, with the middle two lanes having a very slight advantage over the outside two lanes of maybe 0.1-0.2 sec's per lap.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Eno Dog

looks like a nice setup! Of course being me I had to sit about trying to figure out what you were talking about with that metric stuff - and how do you count 4.98 seconds with a candle clock?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
looks good,

now just remove the fencing and see how many buildings you can hit........or not

that a well pesented track...

Those Lolas look senational ... but that Repsol one is a real-goer !!! Like you said Jamie, the Motorola Lola isn't on the track, which is a pity as it's another character! By the way ... AWESOME TRACK JAME !!! :P

• 2 years later...
That's a great track Jamie, did you fasten the track down to the baseboard ?

Chris

No mate, I learnt from my original track not to fasten plastic tracks down as they need a bit of room to expand when it gets hot. (Not that I get too much temperature change now that I moved the track inside the house.)

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

• 7 months later...

Well, Ive just taken the plunge and copper taped my entire Scalextric Sport Track.

Thanks to Schuey for getting me started, Ive put in a few laps and Im very happy with the results.

Here are some pictures. First one is my new dust cover.

P1050627.jpg

P1050628.jpg

P1050629.jpg

P1050631.jpg

P1050632.jpg

P1050633.jpg

Edited by itelectrical

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

That looks good Jamie, great looking setup to(room) PLEASE CHECK JOKER TO YOUR LEFT FOR APPROVAL. i have just got to talk my cousin into doing that with his sport layout.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Thanks guys.

It wasn't too hard on the back, but as anyone that lays copper tape probably knows it is a bit hard on the fingers unless you use a tape laying tool. So my fingers and thumbs were sore for a few days but not too bad.

I laid as much as I could in continuous strips, up until the crossovers or when the tape broke, just overlap a little bit and continue on. I didn't have to do anything except lay the tape down, as the adhesive is conductive (black backed stuff) I just laid it on and off she goes. Because the tape is about 1.5mm wider than the rail it has to be folded down the inside of the rail in the slot.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

It - looks a bit civilised a room to be housing a slot car track .. where's the lawnmower?

The way you have the edges of the table and the lighting is what I was trying to get at the other day in another post - Home Theatre!

I'm definately going to have to invest in a dust cover. That's a damned fine idea I didn't think of whilst swearing at the dust I get in the house the other day..

Looks good! :(

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Glad to be of help, it was about time I helped a fellow slotter out rather than being the helpee! So you didn't solder the overlaps at all? Either way, as long as you're happy with the results it makes the effort worth it, and as you found out, once you started and got into a rythym it goes down fairly quick. One question, how many rolls??

Edited by schuey19