2013 Canam N.Z.P.R. Round 8 Drew'S Raceway Auckland

Drew Vessey

Thanks to the hosting team and congratulations to the winner and podium holders.My best qualifying position was doomed by a loose wheel,bad luck.Have race results been published and skipped my attention?

Hi Alexis... the results should be posted later today after Dave finishes work,,,(p.s i loved driving your car,if it wasn't for lack of traction it would have gone so much better.. and if there was a vote for car with most character,you would have my vote) better luck next year

Edited by Drew Vessey

Here are the reults for Race #8 Drew's Raceway........ a great day of racing on a small but flowey and very quick track

Race8results_zpsa3e41bf4.jpg

another pic of the cars in qualifying order

DSC04990_zps3de916b4.jpg

Here we are with the final results...................2013CanAmRESULTS_zpsa5ff40aa.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS go to................. drum roll please................ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HGPanel (NSR Porsche 917K) for your Overall WIN of the 2013 NZ Proxy CANAM Series!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who said a green cars don't win races!!

Well done Mate from all of us, it was a hard fought battle and you topped the lot - Awesome work - Dave and Mike

Not to forget DrSPEED (McLaren M6A) for his win in Class B, not an easy win with CharlesX chasing hard, another hard fought battle.

Thanks Guys for the round and to DRW21 for running the series.

Well done to all the placegetters and a big Congrats to HGPanel for the series win. Also to the Doc for winning class B.

On a more individual note there was again a wide variation in the number of laps for car #94. This also happened in round 7. Most of the cars completed similar lap numbers over the three lanes yet there is a 5 lap variation between white and red for #94. Is there any particular reason?

Cheers

Alan Stubbings

Thanks guys - congrats to the round winners and overall series podiumites. Special thanks to Dave and Mike for running the Proxy as well. Well done.

A quick question? Is this track normally glued?

See you all next year!

Mac

No Mac... the track has never seen goo.,only built the thing (well started building it)with the help of Jan Pak about this time last year... so its a pretty new one.. it started off as ex Hamilton track,but after i got it back home i realised how bad it was and so fully rebuilt it. And now only two small sections of the original track remain..(which will be getting replaced) and possible extensions to the track will be made at this time also..

Thanks Guys for the round and to DRW21 for running the series.

Well done to all the placegetters and a big Congrats to HGPanel for the series win. Also to the Doc for winning class B.

On a more individual note there was again a wide variation in the number of laps for car #94. This also happened in round 7. Most of the cars completed similar lap numbers over the three lanes yet there is a 5 lap variation between white and red for #94. Is there any particular reason?

Cheers

Hey Stubbo... only real reason is that the driver on the red lane is the track record holder,the young man is just a demon driver..i had two of the best drivers on green and red (i was on white and am still not as good as the other two )racing for you guys and just some cars were easier to getting flowing fast around the track and it certainly didn't help with the my two tippy chaparrals popping out and having troubles and getting in the way every so often.. if ya see my results i took a big drop to in this round..sorry we couldn't have done better for you.. will try harder next year

Hi Drew.

Trent and Mike from Taranaki both drove Carrera chassised cars - not Slot-it.

Not a separate class but Trent was therefore first non-podded car home in 6th place. Mike was 11th. Slotmadmac would have been 3rd non-podded and me 4th.

Thanks to everybody involved for a great series. It has been a lot of fun and I look forward to next year.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Hi Orakei Racer.

Three of Taranaki Canam entrants will be in Wellington for 12 hour so please bring all four cars down if you can.

Cars are (although I am sure you know) -

Paul - Alfa T33/3

Trent - McLaren M20

Mike - Lola 222

If you ask them nicely they might bring back my Charlesx - McLaren M6a.

Thanking you for a great series. I am having a rest from 12 hour. Busy building VRAA car hopefully.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Hi Chas

No problems, will pack all 4 of them in the suitcase for Welly with Branco's - which will save some postage money.

Regards

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!