Tru-Blu Xd Falcon

fiery1

Hi I have been lurking on the website for a while now and thought I was due to post some of my work. I have always built model cars but only the last 18 months got back to slot cars. I had an accident with a serious head injury and building these little cars was fantastic therapy for me.

I remember this car from my childhood as I have been a huge fan of the Bathurst race all my life.

This model started with me creating a 3d model using blender.

Capture_zps20b8c20d.jpg

I have a 3d printer and then do lots of sculpting to make my master.

003_zpscc23cbd2.jpg

From the master a silicon mould was made then cast in resin.

002_zps205f5689.jpg

I still have a lot to do, windows need to be vac formed, wheel inserts created and head and tail lights sculpted.

001_zps1ce77d0f.jpg

Looks great. I'd be interested in one too once you work it all out..

Just wondering what printer do you use? Many I've looked at have quite a small printing base - fine for small cars in 1/32 but the longer cars like Falcons & (insert anything american) usually wider than the printing range..

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

I would be happy to sell these when finished but do not know the rules as far as this thing goes on the board. Am I able to announce sales here?

Others have, and this item is unique in that only you have it. I'd say no worries though it would be better to get the OK from a moderator, in any case, can I put me hand up for 2 ...if the price is reasonable?

What is the wheelbase and width of this one?

Edited by slo1quick

Would there be any possibilities of palling up with one of the casters for a production run? I have a bit of a fondness for this model, and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a couple. I could finally have a go at something I've been wanting to do for 4 years.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I would be happy to sell these when finished but do not know the rules as far as this thing goes on the board. Am I able to announce sales here?

One off things like these where you are not hurting retailers are never a problem, it is not like you are going to put anyone out of business and if you don't do it know one else does anyway. Just kep it on this thread as it is the easiest way for people to find it. Your biggest issue when selling is with the actual car manufacturer but it is really just a hobby and the amount you sell won't hurt anyone.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm thinking you are going to be asked a few questions so I'll start off.

I saw the dimensions of the model but can you tell us the wheelbase.?

Can you also tell us the easiest and best way to buy the items. I did have a look at the shapeways store. Does one need to join to buy or how does it work?

Good job.

Alan Stubbings

Last time I tried to purchase from Shapeways they wouldn't deliver to Australia. I gather that has changed now.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi Guys, I would like to apologise to all as I think I have posted this car a little early.

I have had one printed in the past although it was a slightly earlier model but it was the basis for this one. The wall thickness was fine.

I have one on the way so will post photos of this when it arrives.

Again please accept my apologies.If moderators would like to remove thread I understand