Scx Cuda To Ssd

RacingJoe

Has anyone chipped one yet? I would like to see some pics of how it can be done. This is my first non-scalextric car and not sure about how to go about it. I want to make the conversion simple, so it can be reversed to put it back to standard. Basically I dont want to butcher it, I realise I will have to drill a hole for the LED, but I can live with that.

Thanks for any Ideas.

I use a plug and socket like the dpr chips do so to remove it all I have to do is unplug it and plug on a bridging plug. I've not tried to chip a scx yet but I would recommend the slotit chip as it can handle more current.

Thanks shadow rusty, that plug idea is simple and effective, but if I ever want to remove the chip I wont be re chipping it. I have given the problem some thought and will post up some pics when im done. I didnt think the scx motor was powerful enough to need a slot it chip.

Ok, its done. I covered the contact stips on the chassis with heat shrink and soldered the pickup wires to some tabs which are under the back edge of where the chip is now. I hot glued the chip and LED in place and used more than I normally would because I didnt like the idea of it coming loose and possibly shorting on the contact strips. I then soldered the motor wires to the ends of the motor contacts and covered with heat shrink. To remove it, to put it back to origonal, all I need to do is heat the solder to remove the wires and cut the heat shrink off.

The car runs great. Once I new it worked, I removed the magnet and gave it a run. I havent even trued the tyres and it come close to beating my lap record. I think it needs a little weight in the front to keep the nose down and I will set a new record :)

P7220511.jpgP7230515.jpg