drw21

2013 Canam N.Z.P.R. Round 6 “Thunder Road” Napier

Apologies - my laptop died tonight in the middle of the third round of heats.and despite the best efforts of two highly skilled propeller heads we couldn't revive it and get Trackmate to work again. We will have to finish the round on Sunday after I get a new PC tomorrow. Thanks to all the guys who stood around for an hour in a cold shed while we tried to bring the old Toshiba back to life.

Podiums are for short people.

Hi Guys, sorry for being tardy with this but I had to get Mike to convert the file I got from Craig before posting it as I'm unable to open .x documents.

Here are the qualifying results for Round 6

Mac, sounds to me like your axle was the result of accidental damage. I was impressed with the way it ran for a R-M chassis.

I won't be dishing out a penalty for that repair.

All the best Guys and a huge Thank You to the host, his drivers and marshalls for RACE 6. I'll be posting the RACE results asap - Dave

Race6Q_zps568b391b.jpg

Dave, up to you whether you want me to show the part completed info.

We ran the lowest 2 groups (8 cars), and three heats of the middle group before the PC developed dementure and dysentry.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Another confession. The Branco and Alex cars had almost zero grip and were fishtailing around the track like wiperblades in a downpour. I rubbed some top secret oil into the tyres and their lap times plummeted - in Alex's case by 3 seconds per lap. Given the stage of the proxy and their placing I thought this was the right thing to do. At least they were driveable.

cheers Macca.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

New laptop purchased. I held a brief service for the old one today that involved a rubbish bin and a lot of swearing.

We'll finish the round this Sunday at 2pm.

Mark - Thanks for the offer Mate but I'd prefer to show all the results at the same time.

Mac - Tisk Tisk !!! Great for helping the 2 cars with some bite but don't let the organiser know about it!

ps; I'll be asking you what your secret oil is, I have a very loose Camaro to get sorted.

All good guys, keep me posted - Dave

Another confession. The Branco and Alex cars had almost zero grip and were fishtailing around the track like wiperblades in a downpour. I rubbed some top secret oil into the tyres and their lap times plummeted - in Alex's case by 3 seconds per lap. Given the stage of the proxy and their placing I thought this was the right thing to do. At least they were driveable.

Thanks

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Okay guys, round done and dusted. I have sent the results sheet off to DRW21 and Orakei Racer, so I imagine you;ll see something in an hour or two.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Following my laptop doing the haka on Thursday night my back gave out yesterday and I missed today's racing.

Cheers to PieBone for subbing in as driver in red lane and to all the boys for fronting. The whole club turned up apparently. I'm a bit gutted I missed seeing the faster cars in a race situation and I was hopeful that CharlesXs car was going to be the first B class car to podium. I don't know the results so I'm looking forward to see who was in the top 3

Thanks again for the chance to host your cars on my track.

Mac

Thanks Mac and your team for hosting this round. Hope your back comes right soon.

Have updated the points table and emailed it to Dave to post with Round results.

I think the series winner will come down to the last round - it's close among the top 4 who keep trading places every round.

Congrads to the podium winners, Stubbo is definitely making a serious run - watch out for him over the last two rounds!

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Thanks to the guys that were involved with hosting the 6th Race of the Series, well done guys from all of us, I trust you all had a great time

Sorry to hear about Mac's back, get well soon Buddy.......

There certainly is some close scraps going on all over the place

RACE 6 results

Race6_zps7683eac2.jpg

POINTS SO FAR

Race6update1_zps0872ef0b.jpg

Here are the updated OVERALL points

Race6update_zpse98f39bd.jpg

Edited by drw21

Congrats to Stubbo on Round win and Hgpanel for hitting front overall. The top 4 are certainly very close.

Good to see your car back in its rightful place Mac. Best of luck with back. Had same myself about 3 weeks ago.

Not sure what happened to DRW21 but Dave you are still right in the running.

My M6 looks like it is back in its normal place after great qualifying time. At least Dr Speed and I still have a close competition (6 points apart).

Well done also to the organisers, drivers, marshals and other helpers.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Thanks Mac and the Hawkes Bay guys for the round.

It looks like an all Victorian podium. Well done to Pitlane and Bunyip.

Mac, I hope the back comes good quickly.

Hopefully the winning form can continue at Oakland Raceway.

Alan Stubbings

Congrats to the top dogs. Have to say it was good to see my car get the most laps on it's home track. After I fixed the axle it was running 6.4s in testing so I was secretly hoping for a better result. Small victories. Gotta grab them while they're there.

Some of my more notable drives were:

Spud - hands down my favourite. Excellent predictable grip, just lacking a bit of oomph.

HGPanel - Very close to being my favourite. I had two unfortunate offs and still managed to equal my highest lap total.

DRW21 - Unglued tyre and some problems with the front lifting out of the slot.

Paul Le Breton - Had my controller on maximum choke and still lifted the front out of the slot.

Charlesx - Same as above.

Dion - On Thursday before the laptop died I had problems with your car losing power. We thought we had fixed it but the problem came back today.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

I drove blue lane and enjoyed every car. I must have had a brain fart when driving Lenny Broke's McLaren....sorry bout that.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Well done Stubbo (1st back to back win) and congrats to Pitlane3 and Bunyip, the last two rounds are going to be interesting, how tight can it get?

Back luck Dave, no doubt you will be at the front next round, first time for me to be in front of any proxy so if is only just for a week I will still be happy.

Thanks to all involved in this round, another well run and organised race.

Cheers

Shane

The CanAm Series this year is really giving us all something to watch and learn from.

Awesome close racing right through the pack and no penalties (so far) either.

Looks like CanAm seems to be the main choice again for 2014, I have some small tweaks in the back of my mind for next year, nothing serious but more about that later in the correct thread.

All the best for all involved for Race 7 - Dave

Well done for everybody involved.

You might need to check the lap counter, the little Alfa does not like the heights of the podium.

Thanks for letting me play with you guys.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche