Round 6 Isle Of Mann

slotcarmann

Hi guys

A big box of cars was collected on Sunday from Matt's club-mates from Rockingham - and is now happily enjoying the Manx weather.

I've left the leading cars outside in the sun this afternoon and will turn them upside-down tonight so they fill up with the torrential rain that has been forecast. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rest of us could do with a decent chance.

Maybe if I swap some of the faster motors around too...? :D

I hope we can run Manx Rally Round 1 within the next 2 weeks and Round 2 shortly after that.

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news Dave,

I like how you are thinking B)

If you are ever close to Geneva again I could repay by inviting you over and treat you with copious quantities of any beverage to your liking to make up for giving me one of those fast motors :D

Edited by Jaak

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Evening everyone

A quick update - the box of cars will be down at the Manx Slot Car Club HQ tomorrow night, from about 3pm until about 10pm - which luckily is a tuning/building night, no racing at all - so we can have a play with the cars and see if any need work.

Matt - did you service the cars?

If not, we will do that here before Round 6 - and we plan to run a Round 7 here too, plus if time permits, a Round 8, before the cars head over to Alexis.

We have two rally tracks permanently set up (Manx Hillclimb [Ninco] + Glencrutchery Road/TT Grandstand (routed), plus another (Pooil Vaaish [scaley Classic]) ready to go on an 8x4 ft board, plus my 12 x 4 routed circuit (which needs 4 curves re-routing next week so they aren't quite so severe, before we use it). We may be able to call on another one or two (Scaley) to give some variety.

I have to go back to the UK again by ferry this weekend to pick up a new 3 lane race-track I have bought - the one I raced on last weekend at Yorkley - plus a Slot Stox track for the club and another track for Andy White - so I'll be "White Van Man" this weekend.... :rolleyes::D:lol::o Back in the Isle of Man by Monday night, hopefully.

The likelihood is we will try and run Round 6 later next weekend, hopefully on 3 stages, of a total of around 9 minutes. Then Round 7 the following weekend, subject to my and my club-mates' availability, with Round 9 in early August.

Once we've decided on the track to be used fro Round 6, we will post photos / videos of the 3 in question to wet your appetites... :)

Cheers

Dave

Great news Dave great place the I.O.M thanks for all you are doing and all involved have some fun like your thinking about the leading cars won't work on 59 Snurfen he's from Wales so his car would be used to rain and it might give him an edge looking forward to seeing how it all pan's out.

What not visiting SRGB this weekend Dave?

Mark (Miveson on here ) was asking about sending a motor over to you to fit into his car, did he manage to PM you?

Hope it all goes nice and smoothly.

Simon

Edited by Splitrim

Whats not to like...........

Morning folks

Yes, we're waiting for Mark's motor to pitch up. Gales and torrential rain again overnight, plus fog this morning, so plenty of rust now on some of the cars. :unsure:

Expecting a spell of a week or so of warm (17C-20C), dry weather from tomorrow, so maybe that will affect the tyres. Hopefully no Pirelli-style incidents though, as in the British GP last weekend! :P

Simon - no, won't be at the Oxford round of Slot Rally GB, unfortunately - Sunday is the day I am collecting the track from Yorkley.

We'll report back on any specific issues with any of the cars after tonight's shake-down.

Cheers

Dave

Expecting a spell of a week or so of warm (17C-20C), dry weather from tomorrow,

Will that be your "official Summer" ????? ...... it was 20C here today with a heavy frost in the morning, but then again it is winter :D

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi Gazza

Yes, real Manx "Summer" weather.... :lol: I saw 19C on the car's thermometer earlier!

It's our national day tomorrow - Tynwald Day - so it might even stay fine for the public holiday. :o

Mark - I'll keep an eye out for your motor.

Cheers

Dave

Well, I can't predict the weather here in October but we hit 38°C the other day. Let's hope it continues.

Good to know the Isle of Womann guys are in control of everything over there. I hope my car is now on a roll. It took a while to warm to the task.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

• 2 weeks later...

Scorcher here today fridge full of liquid refreshments enjoy your day lads and i will pour a glass out later thinking of you belting around the track and Snurfen watch out for that bright yellow thing in the sky as i don't think it very oftens visits Wales don't get burned my lad French slot shops ???

There are some great French slot shops.

I moved to Haute Savoie in France a fantastic region in the 74 Area near Switzerland Geneva.

SP-Collectable is a good place to shop if you are near but there website is also good.

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Hi guys

Sorry for the radio silence: I have had to focus, partially unexpectedly, on non-WRP matters, so haven't yet managed to check cars or set up date for Isle of Mann - Part 1.

I was in the UK the past 2 weekends for a total of 8 days....racing 2 weekends ago and last weekend in a van, collecting 3 tracks bought by me, the Manx club and demontweeks respectively. :rolleyes:

Now looking at staging Part 1 over Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun this coming weekend (July 18-21), with Part 2 provisionally scheduled for no later than Thurs-Sun 1-4 August. :P

This is of course subject to availability of sufficient marshals, as we approach the end of the school year here.... B)

Will start checking the cars and testing tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, temperatures here have been up to 25C of late and no rain in sight for maybe at least another 10 days. :o

Cold beers / wine in the fridge.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi guys

The (in)famous Spanish driver, Juan Motor ;) , has arrived today and will be tested and installed in Mark's car this afternoon.

The other cars will also be tested / serviced as necessary.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi guys

In between setting up my saloon cars for our club racing last night - not terribly well as it turned out <_< - and the actual racing itself, I tested over half the cars over 2 or 3 untimed laps of the infamous Manx Mountain stage.

Most were OK to drive, apart from Mark's (which is getting a new motor) and Freddie Vanger's - which has the same problem, i.e. no power and a smelly motor.... :o:blink: . Team Red has a loose passenger (it will be interesting to watch him read the pace notes upside down and back to front...!!!!), whilst cars 18 and 19 don't like the camber changes on the Manx Mountain stage.... :unsure: Most clearly need braids cleaned, so we'll do this and put a spot of oil on the gears for everyone before we run Stage 1.

Of the cars tested so far, the most comfortable and quickest cars to drive on the Mountain circuit were Beowulf, Team Red, Split Rim and FPV GTP. The rest of the cars will be tested today prior to Manx Round 1, Stage 1 - Pooil Vaaish - which is totally different - flat and made of Scaley classic track.

Final testing / fettling is from 1pm today at our club-room, then the stage starts in earnest around 3:30pm - kettle and sandwiches available....although we have a forecast 27C today, the highest of the summer, so maybe the odd cold beer afterwards :lol:.

Stage 2 is scheduled for Sunday afternoon, with the final Stage 3 next week some time - depending on the availability of marshals/drivers.

I hope to post results and some photos over the weekend.

Urgent Appeal - As regards Freddie Vanger's car, if anyone in the UK has a spare motor, I'd be happy to re-imburse you if you could send it over to me asap, to carry out a transplant on Freddie's car. PM me please for address details.

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave , dont worry about the navvy, he was just grabbing extra pace notes for your track from the back seat ^_^:D . By the way you know I dont like to hear that my car is running well before the main event . It's not good karma :D .

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.