Difficult Cars To Photograph

Ember

Many of us like to take photographs of our little cars, whether in a race situation or a studio type portrait. Some are easier to capture well than others. We always see photos of the ones that are easy to capture, the shots of which we are proud. What about the cars that have been more difficult? Maybe you can't find the right angle. Perhaps it's a colour that you struggle to reproduce. It may even be as simple as an inability to capture the true personality of the car.

Which car in your collection would you deem hard to capture well?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I'll start the ball rolling....

May I present my nomination for the Most Difficult Car to Photograph....

X_camaro_zps091abfec.jpg

The Pioneer X-Ray Camaro

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

On race nights, anything white is a real pain if it's in the foreground

DSC02196_zpsc65bbd42.jpg

to be hard on yourself Gazza....... This is a beautiful picture,,,, & to your lightning reflexes.... to take a pic.... of my car mid corner..... in the slot!!! Bloody Brilliant.

to be hard on yourself Gazza....... This is a beautiful picture,,,, & to your lightning reflexes.... to take a pic.... of my car mid corner..... in the slot!!! Bloody Brilliant.

I was lucky enough that it was going slow enough otCi7Tpm_zpsbaa09a25.gif

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

The need for a flash to stop motion is always going to make white cars a PitA in action shots.

Any chance we can see some attempts at shooting the chrome cars? I don't have one to experiment with.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

early this year I wanted to take some 'live' race pics and I brought my camera and about to push the button, but because of the flash distracting the drivers, It was suggested that it was better to wait for the race to be over. I just take stationery pics now.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Oh I'm with you Brett. Black gloss anything is almost as much of a challenge as white.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Chrome vehicles often look either black or white when photographed...

Somehow Gary, you have managed both in the one photo...

I'll have to get my brother to have an attempt with his Veyron to see what he comes up with...

Reflections in a chrome finish are always going to be an issue. Angle needs to be chosen carefully so as not to get the photographer in the reflections. Use of flash is also a no no. Even a bounced flash would be inclined to cause a major whiteout section.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg