Show Us Your Modern Gt

Springbok Racer

Jason,

You sneaky bugger....and there I was thinking you were driving old faithful really well. I guess running my old Porsche was never going to cut it against you and Grant any longer.

Now.....do I start racing my McLaren regularly.....or just go play with the old Porsche and save my very expensive beauty.....mmmmhhh???

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glad to see that somebody is starting to come to their senses in this class. Even plastic bodies are being favoured, rather than GFK. Also back to a maximum chassis width of 70mm. Here is a link to the new 2015 rules in Europe...

http://www.oeps-racing.com/html/news.html

...nothing mentioned about failing motors anywhere though.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Wow! That's a very radical and surprising change in focus for the Europeans. I wonder what caused that? I would be most surprised if it were just a motor issue: after all you don't have to change the entire concept! That said, I wonder if they ever considered the NSR motors like we use. They've been totally trouble free for us.

Once again, though, I am really surprised that they have gone away from LMP. I simply cannot fathom why.

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

Tim according to Nick I think that they had had enough of pushing the envelope so to speak with the LMP chassis.

The GT3 series that he wants to run has a limit on materials that can be used on the chassis.

So in essence they have sort of gone full circle back to the beginning.

Noel

Guest jazzbell

Really don't give a s#!t what goes on overseas.

Think you guys in Queensland should be more worried about your own backyard than what there doing overseas anyway.

Just amazes me how guys up your way don't own raceways but some of you try or want to dictate what you should be racing which ever club you go to. Then the s#!t fights start.

One raceway just closed,won't race there know more because.....list goes on

Discussion on the OEPS Facebook page outlines change due to SRP motor failures and continued decline in quality of SRP motors. Decided to go bison motor and LMP bodies can't accommodate the bigger motor.

GfK bodies still allowed but plastic bodies can be 3g liter. Also change to procomp 4 which is a harder tyre.

Also interesting that they are starting to ban certain controllers.

Jason and Shane,

All this is politics in Europe. Nick (Nick De Wachter Works Team) has been trying to beat Sebatian (Plastikqualer Team) for years and is simply trying to outlaw everything Sebatian has proved to be better with. First it was his controller (which BTW was perfectly legal after testing) now it is his LMP/GT chassis. The motor issue stems from another lot of politics involving the SRP distributor. So not all is what it seems.

Our Modern GT class in Queensland is fine, except for the body (GFK v Plastic) and main plate width issue (70 or 78mm). Whether Fox 4's or SRP25's are used, makes no difference - they both do the job, it is simply a matter of choice. To ever introduce a Bison at 16volt (they are normally rated between 18 and 22volt) is crazy in our situation as we have all our classes running on 12 volt. Having another voltage in between screws up everybody when you want to practice with different classes at the same time, but need different voltages.

Cheers,

Jan

Why don't we just stick with the motor choice we've currently got? 13d fits our chassis currently. We've had zero issues to date with the srp as far as I'm aware . Certainly a huge amount less issues than the current alternative.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, this is my first ever post on Auslot. Hope you like the pic, been meaning to post my Porsche GT3 since this thread started. My excuse is I'm old and tired. Chassis is a Plafit Super 24 with wide brass main plate. It's fast, but not fast enough around E.E. But you get that.

IMG_0283_zpsudkl14md.jpg