←  Discussion

Auslot Forums

»

Show Us Your Modern Gt

Springbok Racer's Photo Springbok Racer 21 Oct 2014

jasonk1970, on 21 October 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Discussion on the OEPS Facebook page outlines change due to SRP motor failures and continued decline in quality of SRP motors. Decided to go bison motor and LMP bodies can't accommodate the bigger motor.

GfK bodies still allowed but plastic bodies can be 3g liter. Also change to procomp 4 which is a harder tyre.

Also interesting that they are starting to ban certain controllers.

Jason and Shane,

All this is politics in Europe. Nick (Nick De Wachter Works Team) has been trying to beat Sebatian (Plastikqualer Team) for years and is simply trying to outlaw everything Sebatian has proved to be better with. First it was his controller (which BTW was perfectly legal after testing) now it is his LMP/GT chassis. The motor issue stems from another lot of politics involving the SRP distributor. So not all is what it seems.

Our Modern GT class in Queensland is fine, except for the body (GFK v Plastic) and main plate width issue (70 or 78mm). Whether Fox 4's or SRP25's are used, makes no difference - they both do the job, it is simply a matter of choice. To ever introduce a Bison at 16volt (they are normally rated between 18 and 22volt) is crazy in our situation as we have all our classes running on 12 volt. Having another voltage in between screws up everybody when you want to practice with different classes at the same time, but need different voltages.

Cheers,

Jan

jasonk1970's Photo jasonk1970 21 Oct 2014

I think a large or long can motor is a wrong choice as well and I agree on voltage change is a pain to try and accomodate.

Not sure what the controller issue was they had but my personal opinion is any controller with any sort of capacitor or traction control is not in the spirit of slot car racing.

BaVa's Photo BaVa 21 Oct 2014

The choice of where to race up here on the Goldie is easy.
One class racing or Multiclass Racing.

Why don't we just stick with the motor choice we've currently got? 13d fits our chassis currently. We've had zero issues to date with the srp as far as I'm aware . Certainly a huge amount less issues than the current alternative.

Springbok Racer's Photo Springbok Racer 21 Oct 2014

Don't worry Bruce, nobody is going back to the Dark ages of the Bison motors.....or non - electronic controllers.

Cheers,

Jan
Edited by Springbok Racer, 21 October 2014 - 05:02 PM.

jasonk1970's Photo jasonk1970 21 Oct 2014

I don't see why being an open chassis class there cant be several 30,000 short can motors available, they do need a little more grunt anyway.

I wouldn't have a problem with 13d UP to 30k at 12v, srp or fox4 or fox2..It's a Premium Class so more motor choices will allow more development.

stewjay's Photo stewjay 19 Mar 2015

Hi guys, this is my first ever post on Auslot. Hope you like the pic, been meaning to post my Porsche GT3 since this thread started. My excuse is I'm old and tired. Chassis is a Plafit Super 24 with wide brass main plate. It's fast, but not fast enough around E.E. But you get that.

Posted Image

Springbok Racer's Photo Springbok Racer 19 Mar 2015

Welcome to the best slot car forum Stewy... I trust you will share your comprehensive scale knowledge and also show you latest creations on all the other threads.

Cheers,

Jan

kash15394's Photo kash15394 20 Mar 2015

Great looking car..good job..