Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

#2 s13

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

oops clicked post too soon. Was given an box old old scalextrics which just so happened to be the perfect amount for a figure 8 track. When I was a kid i had a track under my bed so decided to build this for my dads birthday... now he has 2 grand kids he can use it when they come over. I have taken my time with this one and i think the results came out well. still need to so a little more work.

going to put a 5m LED strip light around the outside and going to setup a controller box.

Was going to have 2 plugs for normal controllers and also have 2 big buttons so when young kids play it will just be a big button they can mash down on and will be a bit lower power.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Nice little setup there...
Do you get much air off of the sharp angles on the bridges??
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#4 s13

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Nah no air cars run nice n smooth. This was my first attempt at putting a wood edge on. Was surprised at how well the mdf curved.

I normally do all the cutting for my projects but tried out the bunnings cutting service. Bit of mdf and ask for 80mm cuts and they were all perfect :-)

#5 s13

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

So i though the track needed some lighting. $17 bucks from ebay and 5m of LED lighting and you can see the track from the moon :) even had some left over to light up under the bridge.

2 power supplies installed 1x12v and 1x10v with a switch so when kids play cars go a bit slower.
drivers station installed
wheels put on the bottom
Dad's bday on weekend so will see what he thinks of the surprise... unfortunately my 3 year old may have given him a slight hint so will see if its what hes expecting :)

Posted Image

#6 GTR XU-1

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Nice little set up there... I am sure your old man will love it. The lights make it look very retro.

Dave

#7 mattcrackers

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Ok, you've got my attention now, whats under the rug, right of the figure 8

#8 s13

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

lol that was just my jumper. gets a bit cold at night in the shed in winter :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users