Round 5 Scx Wrp - Heart Of England

mtucker666

Congrats to Dave (Beowulf), looks like the Citroen loves the UK

S1R52_zpsebd6c831.jpg

It's tight in the twenties, 10 seconds separate 20 cars ..... gotta love it

We're running out of cat's to throw at pigeons with the car moving up and down......

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Here's some I prepared earlier, just in case you ran out Gaz.

cat-with-kittens-smiley-emoticon_zps27f87283.gif

Dang that's close. Well done Matt. Congrats to Beowulf for a convincing stage win. And to Graham and Matt for the appearance on the lower steps.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Syd, got to keep you hanging!

Sorry I missed it, and I have been racing all day in a national race series.

Have emailed Gazza with the result but you have suffered enough

There are some real potential movers, ember, Gazza, quantum and ben-m are out of position based on their outright pace.

For stage 2 I will run the track in reverse, 10 laps this time in an attempt to complete in an evening mid week. The track runs very different and most think it is an easier drive. I will also knock the volts down to 12v to calm the offs hopefully, although a lot of offs were caused by cars not able to easily negotiate off camber hairpins. However Miveson's car in particular might need to be run at 18v.

Matt

Wow! Second place on Stage 1 for LPV. I'm delighted the old girl still has it in her.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Happy so far . Top ten finish and a nice fast time. Congrats to the podiumites. Looks like little Beowulf is the car to beat. Roll on the next stage.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Perhaps now, before SS2 is run, might be a good time to let Matt in on the secret of who had the casting vote, when he was awarded "Driver of the Day" medal at the Demon Slot round of the Slot.it Group C challenge yesterday. *ahem, cough cough, ahem*

Does that trump Jaak's big bundle of mid-denomination Euros he accidentally sent to chez Tucker?

wosautos12.gif

Martyn,

I expect a meteoric rise up the order for you on stage 2, feel it in my bones and feel it in the nice shiney medal round my neck! You better not have too good a run now, will look a tad suspicious

Miveson, one advantage was that I could run yours at full throttle round most of the track. It should not have deslotted at all but it lulled my in to a deep coma and I missed the two corners which needed a blip a few times!

The track in reverse only has one really tricky part, compared to the 5 or 6 the way stage 1 was run. if your car gets through what is a sharp downhill off camber hairpin it you will have a reasonable lap time, if not expect to loose 20-30 seconds in the stage with up to 10 offs. I expect quite a split field but close at the top.

Plan to run the stage Tuesday night with photos on Wednesday. Will take them with my iPad as that is currently the easiest way I have of getting them to web, but resolution is not great.

Mjk Tyres, once they have done a few laps are very good. The have my recommendation.

Only one or two suffered lack of grip, but they don't look trued and still have a surface shine which is probably mould release agent.

Three cars have very thin tyres, one of them is producing quite a lot of tyres debris (I cleaned out all the cars) so I am not sure will last the course. Kai and benM, the other two with little tyre left seem quite light on their tyres, Kai because his car is quite light, and benM because his car is well planted so not causing unnecessary stress on his tyres. Will see if they last.

Matt

There are some real potential movers, ember, Gazza, quantum and ben-m are out of position based on their outright pace.

Interesting.... This year's car is new, but it is running last year's motor.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Stage 2 complete, run in reverse order

Car no., stage time, best lap, offs

10, 151.86, 14.59, 1

52, 160.28, 15.05, 4

36, 168.82, 15.63, 5

82, 157.73, 14.58, 4

100, 155.59, 14.87, 2

15, 155.91, 14.87, 0

22, 152.21, 14.45, 2

58, 154.22, 14.62, 1

17, 148.27, 14.23, 1

20, 143.81, 13.89, 0

Next 10 in a bit. I have not added the two stages together yet, but there are some movers and droppers. Cars with 3 or more offs had hairpin trouble, and running at 12v really hampered those motors whom needed the oomph. I reinvigorated Miveson's motor with lots of electrical contact cleaner.

Matt

Wow; ten offs in the favored direction, nine in the last. I wonder if my guide has broken again? Have the tops been off the cars? (I noticed a comment about a lot of blue tack on one.) If so could you check that the body screws are snug please, else the chassis does not line up, and the front diff mesh is crook. Thx.

Chris

H.M.C.C