Show Us Your Apc For 2013

Thought I'd have a crack at a 2013 Lotus E21 for this years APC.

twi4.jpg

I couldn't find any decent wheel inserts so I computer modelled a set from pics off the net and had them 3D printed.

mcsp.jpg

m4uw.jpg

j89u.jpg

Cheers,

- Cam

Ahhhh, as a big Kimi and Lotus Renault fan... You've done an amazing job there Cam.

1x Australian National Champion

PhD/Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering for Slot Car Tyres

That looks great Cam, has to be a concorse contender! I too am a huge Lotus fan, if I was to build an F1 it would be a lotus, here is my Rebelion Formula LeMans that I have prepared for next years events, you guys will get a run with these at this years APC and they are great, I ran a 5.375 at Narangba last night and made the mistake of letting Simon run it and he pulled a 5.2! track is very similar to the Dapto track so gives you an idea of their speed and they handle like an F1.....wish I could be there.......have fun!

001.jpg

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Hi Chris

Andrew at Narrangba . It was looking good until I fitted the interior . As I taped the interior in the tape lifted the stripe decal off the shell . What do I do now ? Start again or hope it lasts the Apc without tearing away ? Either way it's ruined before it has turned a lap .

Easy come easy go

Hi Chris

Andrew at Narrangba . It was looking good until I fitted the interior . As I taped the interior in the tape lifted the stripe decal off the shell . What do I do now ? Start again or hope it lasts the Apc without tearing away ? Either way it's ruined before it has turned a lap .

Easy come easy go

Nice build Paul,Cam had a similar problem to what I think was a 20 point car,when you know how much time & effort goes in to the builds you can really feel sorry for the builder.

I've got one that I picked up from Hornsby when Wayne let us loose in the back room while trying to clean out old stock,I would have liked to have run it but I wasn't sure if it was legal as I coulden't remember the brand name.

Dimensions are good so should be a good performer & I'm sure Andrew will get flooded with orders after the APC when everyone sees how good they look on the track.

The race dosen't start for another week or so but the competition for concourse is well & truly started & looks like the fast guys have also got the good lookers as well,

Hope it's not another slug just like your Z4 :D :D :D:P

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Great looking car Paul .. better get its approval by Werner.

P.S. Dont tape the interior.. Mount it on Plafit foam away from decals with a slight gap. Also helps keep the body "floppy"

"Mr 12 point's 2 cents of wisdom"

Edited by axman

Thanks for the tip Kim, it's only my second lexan build and making plenty of mistakes . Learn as you go I guess . Looking forward to APC ........

Hi Jimmi , Hope it goes well , My old Historics are 1300 chassis so I've had a last minute attempt at a newer 1700 chassis car . I have high hopes for it but judging by other cars locally here I'll just be happy to be on the pace . Hope to test it on Friday .

Edited by paulthetexan

If I was a betting man I'd put a lot of money on Andrew [bro] Englands beautiful GTJ winning concourse at next weeks APC at Dapto.

Very neat assembly,excellent decals & paint to die for & he has put extra detail in that will make Werner very happy.

After getting a few laps with it I'd rate it a very good chance at a podium as Andrew is driving really well after his 2 year absence dive bombing Minor birds in his back yard with his RC Helicopter.

Well done Andrew,the bar has been lifted very very high. :D

Again photo's don't do this build justice. :wub: :wub: :wub:

DSC04374_zps487785b7.jpg

Guest jazzbell

This is the last of the builds. The effort thats gone into these builds i hope everyone gets to see in the flesh as i'm not 100% on making it to the apc due to other commitments now.

gunston917001_zpsc46b45c8.jpg

gunston917005_zps062d8b6f.jpg

gunston917003_zpsa8f30454.jpg

gunston917004_zps0bf05a0f.jpg

gunston917006_zps90ac06a1.jpg

gunston917002_zps7c94a700.jpg

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Hi Paul,

Around 2 hours per cock pit.

The detail has come out great but the photo doesn't do justice. One cockpit I used a proper dash and man in a seat. 11 grams was to heavy and in testing it showed in the times. It looked awesome in the car.

The cockpits in the above cars are 4 grams in total. If you're after some detail parts ever we have a local store here in Adelaide that makes and supply's called the parts box,recommend .They sell everything from braided hose to dash boards.

Paul make sure you pack your verniers in the plane ,don't take them on the plane as your carry on as they won't be aloud.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Thanks for your concern guys but Jason and I are driving down on Thursday . Don't ask me why , I haven't figured it out myself yet .

Along with lack of track time now I'll be worn out from the drive , I'll be deaf in one ear from Jason yappin away , god knows what I'll catch from riding in a Ford , I won't get any sleep with Simon snoring all night , I didn't think this trip thru very well . Anyway , Lucky I'm doing something I like ............

Only 2 more sleeps & I'm just about finished with my stable,3 new cars for this year,the F1 body which is Yuk compaired to the older style body.The 1/32 nd Scaleauto Bimmer is using one of my Div 1 chassis & is my attempt at keeping up with the Joneses & the Datsun Zed car was a no brainer as all my current Zeds are too dammed slow & tired.

Looking forwrd to catching up with old friends from previous APC,s & the concourse is just another way to show off another very important part of slot racing.

Here's my lot

DSC04397_zps419cf588.jpg