Show Us Your Apc For 2013

Looks like some serious effort is going into this years racing . Here's a couple of my latest .

Brawn F1

IMG_0475_zps6e1f1543.jpg

1/32 Div. 2

IMG_0477_zpsd0c5985d.jpg

Struggling to come up to speed this year without much track time . The local boys at Narrangba are posting times quite a bit faster than last year , the pace will be hot .

cheers

Paul

Guest jazzbell

struggling to come up to speed this year without much track time . The local boys at Narrangba are posting times quite a bit faster than last year , the pace will be hot .

cheers

Paul

Struggling,you forgot to mention you smashed the track record for the 32nd's Paul at Narrangba.

Myself i'm struggling too,i've only raced 4 meetings in the past 2 years........but heres another one.

apc201332_zpsa4792a44.jpg

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Well that's funny , and it will be the last time I tell Noel anything ! To be fair 3 or 4 of the other guys are running hot times also . Maybe Andrew had the track at 13.8v and my car was under weight . I've only just built it and still in the tuning stage ....... :P

Anyway , what's the lead up to a big race without a bit of friendly rivalry , banter and sandbagging .

Guest jazzbell

All I can say with the z4 it was the hardest car I've built up to try and make weight. It is a real led sled this one.

My lap times were 2 tenths quicker than my Merc ,but last night I've gone back to the drawing board to find out where more led can fit.

My testing I was still 10 grams under.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Wasn't Noel

From what I've seen up here most of the speed has come from motor upgrades . There seem to be some fast motors floating around . I don't think much of the extra performance is coming from a magical new set up or cornering speed , it's all straight line acceleration . Last years cars are still pulling last years times and are going well around the track , just being passed down the straight . Motor speed will be critical this year for 1/32

From what I've seen up here most of the speed has come from motor upgrades . There seem to be some fast motors floating around . I don't think much of the extra performance is coming from a magical new set up or cornering speed , it's all straight line acceleration . Last years cars are still pulling last years times and are going well around the track , just being passed down the straight . Motor speed will be critical this year for 1/32

???????

Richo

Nomad Raceway

Hi Richo

I'm not suggesting anything underhanded or anything like that , it's just that the current batch or shipment of pointer motors seem to be a little stronger . I may be completely wrong but thats my observation .

I didn't intend to start a motor debate , I was just trying to suggest it may be worth investing in a new pointer motor for the 1/32 class if you haven't already .

Edited by paulthetexan

Another beauty Cam , I was just talking to another racer recently about how much effort goes into these cars . Looks like a good few hours spent there , very nice .

Here's one that hasn't turned out so well , I thought there might be some advantage in the Toyota with the lower weight limit but so far I haven't been able to tap into it's potential . In fact I can't get it to go at all .

IMG_0003_zps19407ca5.jpg

oh well back to the work bench......

Edited by paulthetexan

Very nice Werner, I have just put one of these together this week (rebelion lotus replica) and ran it on Friday for the first time and i have to say that those that get the chance to drive these cars at the APC are in for a real treat!

Another great class and will be great to run these cars in a big enduro event

Can't wait to see the bodies completed

Edited by Paul NZ

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09