Show Us Your Apc For 2013

With the APC just around the corner we thought it would be good promo to show of some of the new builds that will be appearing at the 2013 APC.

In the next few weeks we'll post some of our local builds & look forward to input from other racers.

Here's my latest effort,might be my race car as I'm struggling to get a Z to be competitive & this one shows promise except for the gearing. :angry:

Studio pic

DSC04185_zps2e9d7f47.jpg

Track shot

DSC04190_zps2029c8e7.jpg

Under the Bonnet

DSC04201_zps48a53acd.jpg

Sky cam

DSC04204_zps4348b66c.jpg[/url

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

I think I ran that body as a wing car a few years ago... but with more detail

Don't think so Kim,.... the Body that the one pictured is a (may I suggest), somewhat 'poor' Copy of, was New, in late 1968 or 1969 and is,..or more correctly Was I think a Lloyd Asbury designed MAC body and was quite Popular with some of the US Pro racers of the era, but was Well Before real 'Side Dam' / "Wings" as we knew them started to appear.

It Is in fact Still a relatively Popular body as used in the various 'Retro' classes around the world and is available,.. (With Very Nice Detail), from "TrueScale", in 10 thou' Lexan.

:)

..........Anyway, this body is widely and successfully used in this 1/24 Historic's Class :

LolaT163-1MR_zpsa349319f.jpg

Cheers

Werner

I wish it still looked like that!! Werner do you do repairs or rebuilds? BA9A1D54-DFB8-4B07-AA50-CC966D5BD875-15522-0000092A67AB07E3_zps073d3444.jpg Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

As usual, great looking cars Werner. I wish I could be a 20 point guy, however I was still happy getting the 16 points ( I think) you gave me at the last last APC. Racers that criticise the body finish point system have to understand the Lexan class needs this kind of control or we get some very poor representations of the original race car. Yogurt cups as Jan calls them. Is anyone out there doing 18 to 20 point bodies to sell? I'm sure there are many of us that want a great looking Lexan car but just can't achieve it.

Doh! Just realised I only got 14 points for the best body I've ever painted. My 2nd realisation is it only counts if you're a serious contender for the podium so I can relax now cause my 3rd realisation is I don't seem to have the goods to get to the podium anyway... So.. Just relax and enjoy Slotcar's for what they should be and bugger stressing about the 20 point body. My 14 point body still looked good anyway!

Edited by axman

Is anyone out there doing 18 to 20 point bodies to sell? I'm sure there are many of us that want a great looking Lexan car but just can't achieve it.

Hi Kim, Its a shame Dave Newton is not doing any to sell. He builds 19/20 point body every time...

Regards

Pete

Richo

Nomad Raceway

name='Davnic74' timestamp='1372153705' post='202313'

I wish it still looked like that!! Werner do you do repairs or rebuilds? BA9A1D54-DFB8-4B07-AA50-CC966D5BD875-15522-0000092A67AB07E3_zps073d3444.jpg

..........Gee, is that body still alive after all those years ???

Well, it seems that the paint is still on it and with a few detail parts it could be restored......

Cheers

Werner

Love the Audi's Shane,especially the Total one. :wub:

Best part about building cars for mates is you can experiment with different ideas ,especially wheels which are the most important part of a good looking car. :D

Going to start Al's Can-Am tomorrow & think it going to look very different to my usual red Ferrari's,but first I've got 4 Sprint cars to finish,which are looking very good so far & have been a good change from my slot builds. :wub:

Looking forward to seeing all the new builds in the flesh & will be a great race meet with some of the best drivers & car builders in the country attending. :D

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish