Resin R/T Charger Build (At Long Last)

grt

Hi all,

Just finished my first build of one of Phil's famous Aussie resin kits, the R/T Charger. Its a little rough around the edges, but I am pretty happy with it for my first build. Am part way through a 2nd and have (hopefully) learnt from my mistakes with the first.

I tried to add chrome trim around windows by hand, but that was a disaster, so will leave the next one black.The windows & interior could be better too, but its good enough for now. Wanted a street version, so put on nice mag wheels which looks great and runs well, but the front wheels are just a smidgeon too wide, and just barely rubs on either the chassis or the body. Its runs very nicely, with the front wheels rubbing providing good brakes, but tends to be tail happy because of it. Will fix it soon, probably needs fine washers on the wheels and the front wheel arches widened by a mm.

Enjoy!

From this:

Charger_Build_1.jpg

To this:

Charger_Build_24.jpg

Charger_Build_23.jpg

For some reason, this car looks heaps better from the rear. Tried several full frontal shots, but just didn't like the result.

Valiant_Charger_RT_Green_rear.jpg

Valiant_Charger_RT_Green_prof_r.jpg

I took quite a few photos during the build, so eventually hope to set up a web page with a full pictorial time line and description of the build.

Cheers,

Edited by grt

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...