22 replies to this topic

#21 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postmiveson, on 30 June 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

I'll echo everyone's prior comments and thank the organiser Stubbo for his fantastic efforts in making this one of the most enjoyable proxy events.

To the worthy winners - Stubbo, Ferrari1950 and old23 - congratulations....

I could go on all day thanking the numerous people that provided invaluable help in getting a car to the starting line up. I'll make special mention of slo1quick who was the butt of my constant questioning during the building process. Stu never failed to respond to anything that i asked him, no matter how stupid some of my questions were. .... I'm sincerely thankful for the efforts (particularly when you were out fishing and responding on the phone).

I'll definitely be back next year (start the build process now), perhaps with a scratch built brass chassis - if I can stop buying cars and save some some money for a decent jig :)

The proxy sets a new bar in terms of elegance, helpfulness and execution.

Mark

Stubbo does a good job of this proxy eh! He puts a lot of thought and effort into it and has it well sorted to run smoothly'. It takes a certain amount of BOSS to do that :D !

No worries Mark, there are no stupid questions, just silly answers. I hope I haven't lead you down a path of deception!? As far as fishing goes, we were only catchin flatties anyway! :) Your car was not a bad little jigger, I think it had some good results, it was not a bad driver. Its great to see the newbies have some promising results either qualifying and/or race!
Lim, I didnt get to drive the cars at Cheltenham so I can only give comment from a onlookers perspective. Your car, again, looked to be a kamikaze rocket, bit radical and difficult for drivers to tame. That solarbotics just seems to launch your car into oblivion.
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#22 chenglaw

Retro Racing Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, Stu, the Solarbotics which you keep handing out to me seem to be turbo-charged for some reason! I dropped the gear ratio down from last year's 2.56:1 to 3:1 this year and you tell me it's still too fast. Looks like I'm going to have to gear next year's car at 4:1 or lower if I'm going to find some brakes for it. Hmmph, this testing process is taking a little longer than I expected.
Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

#23 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Lim, we added weight to quieten them down. trade off is... no brakes, but we found they had a better chance of holding corner.
Gearing it down might not necessarily help. For example,( and it is only an unsubstantiated example) say your car, on the fast left hander onto the straight, might have been covering 4 metres a second at 7 tenths full throttle last year. This year, being geared down, still may have covered 4 meters a second on the same corner, but , at 8 tenths full throttle. So your car is still traveling at the same speed even though its geared down.

Edited by slo1quick, 01 July 2013 - 09:40 PM.

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users