Sign in to follow this  
knoath

Racing In My Rumpus!

Well I may be without a track at the moment, and I don't have a controller or a slot car handy... but that doesn't stop me from scratching the racing itch!

I've built 2 race sims, one each for me and my oldest son (almost 11) and we run head to head via a wireless modem router.

Running PS3s with 5.1 surround and Logitech G25 wheels and pedals, these things sure beat the old hand controller!!!

IMG_4455_zps05ab4aa1.jpg

IMG_4454_zps3feb511b.jpg

IMG_4459_zps90a1afbd.jpg

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Now.... Let me guess which one is Junior's and which the old man's. Hmmmmmm....... :D

Hope they're a lot of fun. But not too much so. I want to see your next track. ;)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I'm watching some track builds from around the world... everytime I'm on a slot forum and the missus walks past she says "Aww, no...."

I'd like a single laner just to fiddle with scenery and run some cars now and then... I really don't have time to race and set up cars to deadlines and all that, but I'm starting to miss the relaxation of the hobby!

I dont plan to build any time soon, but the thought has never left my mind Embs!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

I'm watching some track builds from around the world... everytime I'm on a slot forum and the missus walks past she says "Aww, no...."

I'd like a single laner just to fiddle with scenery and run some cars now and then... I really don't have time to race and set up cars to deadlines and all that, but I'm starting to miss the relaxation of the hobby!

I dont plan to build any time soon, but the thought has never left my mind Embs!

I'm with you mate, not racing muchthis year, but relaxing and tinkering (when I get time, not often) is good for me now. My track is ready to braid, just don't have time to do it. You should come up one weekend, few beers and relaxing slots! After all I do live on my own!

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

My Track <--old pics

grefhurst in action <---- old video

fuel racing at Grefhurst<-----newer video

Dick, I too have the Sim bug, except I am using a PC based set up and logging on to iRacing.com

it is the businessd, a little expensive to set up but well worth it!

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

I like my sim setup as well, great for non race days and wet and wild days like today ..... PC and RFactor

DSC02076_zpsae082dd8.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

PaulNZ, I would like to get into iRacing... been reading up on it. Sounds like fun!

Its good, I'd say the best but you have to pay for it initially, keep an eye out for their deals as they often have 12mths for $30 start up and you get 6 cars and 6 tracks which is enough for the Rookie Rounds.

I have managed to get to a D License in Circuit and a C in Oval, its a great sim, once you try it the others will pale in comparisson. they have Aussie V8's too but they come later with a C License.

let me know when you join, there is a big group from AU/NZ that have regular races

Paul

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Thrustmaster, its a good wheel with good feedback, the sim can have a lot to do with the wheels performance, ps3 and xbox 360 (which we have) do nothing compared to iRacing on the PC.

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09