WRP 2013 rally proxy

116 replies to this topic

#101 mtucker666

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Congrats to the podium placers and to martyn on his win, his car worked nicely round all the tracks, shows how pre season testing and set up for particular tracks helps. I hope so as my round is next, but from current results it seems to prefer it abroad!

Well done Martyn, Phil and Keith on running the round. Knowing the tracks they provided a good mixture to test all aspects of the car.

I will pick the cars up on on Thursday 20th June, and I will endeavour to run the 1st of the two stages that Saturday, although I am racing in a national series on the Sunday so will need. To get my weekend chores done on the Saturday as well

Matt

#102 kateyj

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Woohoo 1st points for me.
Thanks for running the round martyn.

#103 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Congratulations to Martyn,Dai and Beowulf for the win and podiums.Its good to have a diiferent winner this round.Comparing to last year, we had 4 different winners and 6 podiumites in the 1st 4 rounds but against 3 and 8 this year respectively thats what makes this series great. The Greek team lost a place in the standings which is not good but we still have 2 cars i the first 10 and more than half(4) the team in the first 15 My Subaru seems it was ill fated from day one,arrived broken in the box,then a wheel dropped off,then the motor.There's allways next year.
Posted Image

#104 snurfen

2015/16 WRP World Champion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Phil, who runs our junior club nights, went mad with his camera when he found out you were a junior. Wish I'd told him about Fuzzy now!

Matt, on me about meeting up ;0)
Posted Image

#105 snurfen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Some great cars in the event this year. A lot more smooth runners and some very good motors.

The fire alarms apart went off with car 10 (moves on?) as it would hardly run on warm up lap. Phil tenderly administered a good healthy squirt of something and two minutes revving and it ame back into life.

Several cars were lightening fast but had zero braking. This was a major disadvantage on SS3 as you had to back off very early on the long straights and they were then too snatchy to apply power mid corner (Keith is VERY adept at driving that track). On the other hand, one or two cars were just too low on power with others deslotting without the driver doing anything silly.

Two conclusions: pay more attention to getting the front end planted - a bit of body rock, light trimming to lessen body to chasis binding and chamfering of the fronts would help some drivers a lot. Secondly, revvy motors equal poor braking, in several of the hotter cars we saw.

Subsequent hosts - you'll have a real blast with this box of beauties, but pay lots of attention to the screw settings as marked on the cars.

We really enjoyed our marathon session, but I wish I'd had more time off after Alexis' SCI proxy the evening before!

Beowulf, your car was one of those all drivers really enjoyed driving, so with the good all around feel of the car, it would be no surprise that you and Mario will probably slug it out till the last stage of the last round.
Posted Image

#106 Jaak

Slotalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Thanks Snurfalot for running this fab round.

Plenty of pictures and suspense, my best stage yet is done in your hands so I am not going to cancel the cheque :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Jaak

Posted ImagePosted Image
THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

#107 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

I'll echo Martyn's comment on Beowulf's Xsara - really nice car to drive and rapid. A great rally car, but other cars have more speed and have an advantage on tracks with long straights.

Leo
Posted Image Like Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

#108 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hey guys thanks for the great round. Leo and Martyn , Beowulf 's car was setup by our own Devious Dave , who by the way is not a slouch when it comes to setting up a slot car . No doubt young Beowulf ( Ben) will be over the moon to see how his car has performed and I'm sure there's a happy dad looking down from above if not giving him a heavenly helping hand ;) .

I'm a happy chappy with my cars performance as well , 6th in the round overall and 8th in the standings. French cars are on top of manufacturers, Aussies are up the top of the countries (only just ;) ) , bad luck to the USSR and we got a day off for the Queen ( I dont think you guys do :o :lol: ) , so all is right with the world. Thanks again Martyn, Phil ,Keith and anybody else who had a hand in this tiring but fun Proxy . Done a top job . By the way just looking at the pics and wondering if you have a job at Blue Tack :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers Craig
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#109 snurfen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

Craig, I've only just worked that out. Good man Dave for doing that.

If anyone DOESN'T have a photo of their car in this round posted on this thread, please let me know - I had some issues with Photobouquet over the last day or two and some refuse to load. I'll try an alternate method.
Posted Image

#110 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

His Lordship would like a piccy of his car please.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#111 Jaak

Slotalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

hehehe it is pronounced bouquet not bucket.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#112 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

clearly i will be in the 30th position for my first ever rally car tuning. I do not know if i should be happy or not... For sure i am on for the 2014 to try to improve it:)

thanks for driving our cars guys... if i have a trip to UK this year i will drop you a PM to have a look.

#113 snurfen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Will do Embs.

Curef, you are always very welcome. Wednesday evening racing at Hereford, Thursdays at Abergavenny.
Posted Image

#114 snurfen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Box of cars handed over to Zero 5 yesterday, ready for handing over to Matt on Thursday.

Sad to see the go, had great fun running the round. Keep tuned for round 5........good luck everybody.
Posted Image

#115 Jaak

Slotalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Thanks mate and another thanks for running our cars and the fab reports.
Good luck to you too ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#116 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,210 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Thanks Martyn, great job by all involved, can't wait for the rest of the photo's to be posted up :D

Oh, and by the way, 1941 was on again last Sunday
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#117 snurfen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Gaz, I hop you never depressed the operator's triggers here, here and at the rear here, whilst watching it.

Going to have to repair a few photos in irfanview - photobucket looks to have uploaded ok, but they have some corruption when trying to link into a post. Will give it a stab when I get a chance (spend ages trying to sort out HRH's picture last night).
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users