wwwace

It Is On Again In 2013...........

These were a highlight, I nearly shat myself when I came off at the end of the straight with the Texan's new baby though :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hoo Roo

Which one did he buy?

We have four of these already running at Narangba not including the ones Werner has built, they are a great car to drive, should make good Endurance racing.

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

HI Guys, what a great weekend it looks like everyone had. The track looks awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing the detailed results of all the classes.Just a small point, the LMP cars mentioned above are actually formula Leman which are quite different in spec.

Hi All,

What a great 4 days of Slot car Racing! I enjoyed all the highs and lows throughout the weekend from winning Group C with Tupperware Greg to Resoldering my Motor in GTJ as someone rewired the motor wrong!

I would like to say thank you to Werner and Ace Hobbies for organising and providing the various trophies and prizes for the participants, Alec from Xtreme Trax for the venue this year, All the Locals and Interstate drives making it down to participate, To Kim, Chris, Greg and Jim for supplying me with cars during the weekend. Had a few good races as well as some duds!

I’ll be more than likely making the trip up to Queensland next year, hopefully with some of my own cars after learning some new hits and tips from a few people. I hope I can put it into practice at Armchair first though!

Hope to see you all soon!

Jason

Brooksy

Here's the Final results for the GTJ 's & some pretty boys

GTJFinal_zpsbd0d6e66.jpg

Andrew [bro]Englands concourse winning GTJ :wub:

DSC04437_zpsf99b44b2.jpg

Jon Walters concourse winning F1 :wub:

DSC04433_zpsf3d31428.jpg

Cam Neilson's sensational Sauber Group C :wub:

DSC04431_zps840591db.jpg

Andrew Batholomews lovely Lola Historic :wub:

DSC04430_zpsf9988fdf.jpg

Paul Stevens is always looking out side the box & usually gets it pretty right,here's his Super 32 Honda which would have split up the Scaleauto Bimmers except for getting taken out in the esses in the last bracket by a back marker.

DSC04429_zps5c58b68d.jpg

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Thanks for the reports and photo's Jimmy , In a cruel twist of faith the guy that took me out was Troy Boldy running a car I lent him after his car had failed tech check for the 100th time . Never happen again .

Thanks for the reports and photo's Jimmy , In a cruel twist of faith the guy that took me out was Troy Boldy running a car I lent him after his car had failed tech check for the 100th time . Never happen again .

Yes Paul,I hear you loud & clear,you'd think someone with tha much experience would be much smarter & let the leaders dook it out with no interference from back markers especially when he was 14 laps in behind.

In the GTJ's last bracket I caught Cam & had to make a decision weather to keep going hard or back off & let leave him alone,but knowing Cam's racing ability I knew it woulden't worry him & I had complete faith in my cars handling & we were a couple of lanes appart so the risk was minimal & it's not very often you can go past Cam & as in the 1/32 nd 's it not over until the fat lady sings.

That was a fantastic race,in the last bracket with 4 cars in on 96 laps my Bimmer was honking on Green & I was just having a ball driving it hard & catching the pack when I noticed the marshals getting excited & was then I realised I could be a chance & then the crash.

The rest is history & I've done a Steven Bradby 5th to 2nd,Yee Haa! You always remember the close races never mind the results.

Andrew & I have been having great races in 1/32's for many years now so maybe you can join us keep the interstate rivalry going for many more years to come. :D

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

that 1/32 race was a cracker. I cracked under the pressure after leading the first couple of brackets when cam started to reel me in and then crashed with a few laps to go trying to pass andrew who was too good too smart and fed me a wheel when I tried to pass him on the outside. If i had of been more aware I would have been happy to sit and take 3rd in the end. I wasnt really a fan of 1/32 cars before now, but I am now a convert they really do make for some great nail biting racing.

Tip for anyone eating at the bowls club don't go the Chinese option, paul knows what i mean....lol

Congratulations Jason on doing very well in this years APC despite Chinese belly.. By the way, passing on the outside is never a good option.. inside lane owns the track unless your name is Troy who has a reputation for carnage to front runners on either lane when he looks like not achieving his podium finish.

Congratulations to all others that got to the podium and especially happy to see Greg and Brooksy beat the "pros" in the Group C teams race.

Regards,

Kim

20 odd drivers over 6 classes , I'm sure there are heaps of stories to come . But one of the best was saved for last and the trophy for best speach has to go to Simon coming second in GTJ . Quite emotional and lovely to see . Drivers thanking their pit crew isn't new but this one was beautiful .......I luv you man....... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest jazzbell

20 odd drivers over 6 classes , I'm sure there are heaps of stories to come . But one of the best was saved for last and the trophy for best speach has to go to Simon coming second in GTJ . Quite emotional and lovely to see . Drivers thanking their pit crew isn't new but this one was beautiful .......I luv you man....... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Did he break down thanking Andrew?

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

I think it's great that Simon still gets such a great buzz from racing. The fact that he has won more trophy's than most of us combined on so many different tracks is testament to his driving skills and commitment. Its unusual to find one as humble yet super competitive. These qualities aren't usually the makeup of one person.

Edited by axman

Simon was looking dam good in the f1 until a car failure ended his run in the finals early.

have to say a small sorry to simon, he had a bearing failure when we rubbed as i passed him for the lead in the first bracket. ( i was on the inside this time kim )He got me back a few laps later when his car was put back on to see if they could get it going at the start of the straight which saw me go cart wheeling down the main straight loosing a half lap lead on the field. He definitely had speed to finish on the podium.

After Simons speech we all felt the need to hug it out, was very touching

I notice some derogatory comments here regarding a certain Sydney driver. They are most certainly well deserved.

I should have called him out for some of the stuff I saw. Stopping in corners when you're behind him on the inside is one of his favourite tricks. I saw it once in F1, but the move failed and the car on the inside slowed enough to get by without touching, good driving whoever it was. I was ready to black flag him the next time he tried any cr@p but I didn't see any more incidents.

The situation with him and tech inspection was a joke. Werner has the patience of a saint, I don't know how he put up with him for as long as he did.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

I notice some derogatory comments here regarding a certain Sydney driver. They are most certainly well deserved.

I should have called him out for some of the stuff I saw. Stopping in corners when you're behind him on the inside is one of his favourite tricks. I saw it once in F1, but the move failed and the car on the inside slowed enough to get by without touching, good driving whoever it was. I was ready to black flag him the next time he tried any cr@p but I didn't see any more incidents.

The situation with him and tech inspection was a joke. Werner has the patience of a saint, I don't know how he put up with him for as long as he did.

Mentioned person has been told to not turn up to APC 2014 unless someone else builds his cars prior to the event.

Also on dirty tactics I hope the situation of advancing cars in lane change is addressed for the next big event as the current breakout system doesn't address the problem due to the long roll of scale cars and the need to make the breakout too large to catch the people who dont like to play fair.

Well just to add my thanks to all who helped run and organize this years APC. As this was my first APC I had a great weekend learning more about plafit racing, but also meeting some fantastic men. Massive shout out to my bud Chris who built a fantastic group c Sauber, which we ran to second in the class.

Thanks to Werner for bringing the Australian Plafit Championship to Dapto, and running a fantastic class of racing. Alec and Xtreme trax for your hospitality and track for the week. Jim Patto for all your dedication, time and effort in re surfacing the track and co-ordinating the event. Garry Johnson who was the grand marshal, ran a great program whilst also providing plenty of laughs with his in race commentary. Also massive thanks to all who came along to this years racing, like I mentioned it was a pleasure to meet you all. Congratulations to all the winners.

Plafit really is a fantastic class to race in with the diverse classes and level playing field to compete in. I am looking forward to next years event in Brisbane and hopefully I will have a handle on how to set up a better car than I do right now. Can only help that so many locals are of such a high standard.

Cheers Jason Bell

Good point about the rollout situation Jason. Scale cars can roll the length of the main straight and it certainly can change your race position.

I wonder if Garry's system could have a bell lap for every bracket... That way there is no "fudging" of track position, no problems with roll out and all cars then go back to the start line for each bracket. Certainly makes for action packed starts. ( probably a programming nightmare adding up all the bell laps! )

Edited by axman

Guest jazzbell

Good point about the rollout situation Jason. Scale cars can roll the length of the main straight and it certainly can change your race position.

I wonder if Garry's system could have a bell lap for every bracket... That way there is no "fudging" of track position, no problems with roll out and all cars then go back to the start line for each bracket. Certainly makes for action packed starts. ( probably a programming nightmare adding up all the bell laps! )

Kim,

The roll out is all about momentum and that is always going to happen. To reduce that roll out is in the track wiring also.Gary could explain better.

Sounds like to me if the rollout would have gone the other way we wouldn't be even talking about this. First time I've heard it called dirty tactics and don't play fair.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

If you were there to see what happened Jazzbell you would know what Jason is talking about . Simple roll on is not what he is refering to . Jason is refering to cars being advanced during lane change . Particularly annoying when you work all bracket to pass someone only to find their car has been put back on in front after lane change . Hard to police unless you have scrutineers at each corner . So far I have assumed a gentlemans agreement of fair play at events like this but after last weekend I can see the goal posts have been moved .

Edited by paulthetexan