wwwace

It Is On Again In 2013...........

Top-1_zpsf76a90b6.jpg

16. - 18. August 2013, XTREMETRAX, 1/60 Marshall St., Dapto, NSW 2530, AUSTRALIA

Hi all,

Some photos of the 6-lane track we will be using for this year's APC :

APC2013Auslot-1_zpse22e6fcb.jpg

APC2013Auslot-2_zpsa4395ca2.jpg

Entries will be accepted from Saturday, 1.June 2013. Entry forms will be available from the APC website, also trackside from Xtremetrax.

The official APC website you can access here : http://www.aplafitc.com.au/

Car classes and their regulations can also be viewed here : https://picasaweb.go...793531523576905

The official APC Info, the proposed Race Schedule as well as some accommodation around Xtremetrax can be viewed here :

https://picasaweb.go...3576905/APC2013#

See you all in NSW in August.

Cheers

Werner

Edited by wwwace

Looking forward to APC , haven't done much racing this year so a little off the pace , anyone started building yet ?

So does this mean we stand a "chance" at this years event Paul? Personally can not wait for this event as it will be my first APC, on my club track - not that it is going to be an advantage, and really looking forward to seeing how the top drivers operate.

After the mini z enduro held in May at xtreme, this event will be highly enjoyable and excellently run. See ya all in August

Cheers Jerimiah83

Hi Jerimiah

Luck was with me last year , but off the pace this year . A few rule changes means some of my cars are out of date as well as no practice = slow Pauly . Best I can do in 1/32 is place midfeild at Narangbah club racing . Same with Mini-Z . My old 1300 chassis Historic is slow also .

Anyway , still looking forward to racing at ExtremeTrax and catching up with the folks I was lucky enough to meet last year .

9 weeks to go !!!!!!!!!!

See you there

Paul

Edited by paulthetexan

Guest jazzbell

Have to ask the question.

The rule on body in the F1 class is Ace24923 or Ace24924 . Before i do another build these 2 bodies look the same but are they?

regards shane A

team thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane.

I think you will find one is the step down nose and the other is the straight nose.

Cheers Jon.

Thanks for reply Jon.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Hey all good luck, wish I could be there.

Is anyone posting results and/or webcam coverage.

Regards

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Just a very short report on a very successfull 2013 APC AT Dapto.

Track was sensational with loads of grip to compliment the fantastic Plafit range of slot cars & some very very close racing results.

Here's GTJ first 3 result,main sheet went MIA but I'll post stat sheet tomorrow after I get back from the track.

GTJ

1st Cameron Neilson N.S.W.

2nd Paul Stevens Qld

3rd Simon Wakeling Qld

Super 32

2013PlafitChampionshipDaptoSuper32_zpsa6860604.jpg

Mini Z

2013PlafitChampionshipDaptoMiniZ_zpscc114eee.jpg

Historics

2013PlafitChampionshipDapto124THHistorics_zps7a9f6c73.jpg

2013PlafitChampionshipDaptoGroupC_zps6d95338b.jpg

Formula 1

2013PlafitChampionshipDaptoFormula1_zps25f63f23.jpg

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Guest jazzbell

Well done Cam you champion.

Congratulations to the other place getters,specially the other 2 locals Jimmy Patterson and Chris. Can't forget Greg T and partner in the group c Win.

Well done guys.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Thanks guys,

Certainly a memorable weekends racing for me, lots of luck and the home track didn't hurt either.

Big thanks to the the interstate guys for making the trip, the event wouldn't have been what it was without them.

Also Werner and Alec for the the prizes, trophies and organising the event, Jimmy for all his hard work behind the scenes and Garry Johnson was outstanding as race director...really adds to the professionalism of the racing.

Good to see some new faces on the Group C poduim, well done.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Well done to cam drove well on his home track, it was a very interesting and eye opening weekend for me, The locals definitely teamed up to serve it the Queenslanders but I think we did ok in the end to take home some trophies.

Massive thanks to Werner and Jimmy for putting on the event, cant wait till next year.

Another great APC run and won . A big weekend with all the highs and lows of travelling to someone elses track and having a crack . Jason and I laughed all the way home recapping the weekends events . Well , most of them .

Big thanks to Werner and Ace Hobbies for the Plafit racing , Extremetrax and Alex for hosting and all the local lads for welcoming us into their venue . Congratulations to Cam for cleaning up this year , his car preparation seemed to be in a different class than the rest of us this year .

And lastly a special thanks to Jim for welcoming us from the time we walked in and taking the time over the weekend to show us the local sites . I particularly enjoyed the barrier at turn 1 and the infield thru the esses .............. All jokes aside , Thanks again for your hospitality and I look forward to seeing many of you next year .

Edited by paulthetexan

Just a few pics from the week end

Plenty of practice laps on Thursday

DSC04405_zps750a5afe.jpg

Jason K literly drove the wheels off his GTJ to give us all a good laugh.

CopyofDSC04402_zps1abdad1f.jpg

Track practice from the new podium

DSC04404_zps4eaa1c96.jpg

The very nice LMP's that were auctioned off prior to the demonstration race.

DSC04412_zps7804d729.jpg

Very well deserved winners of the Group C race Tupperware Greg & Brooksy.

DSC04427_zps08bde9ba.jpg

More pics to come

Cheers jimmy :D :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Just a few pics from the week end

Plenty of practice laps on Thursday

DSC04405_zps750a5afe.jpg

Jason K literly drove the wheels off his GTJ to give us all a good laugh.

CopyofDSC04402_zps1abdad1f.jpg

Track practice from the new podium

DSC04404_zps4eaa1c96.jpg

The very nice LMP's that were auctioned off prior to the demonstration race.

DSC04412_zps7804d729.jpg

Very well deserved winners of the Group C race Tupperware Greg & Brooksy.

DSC04427_zps08bde9ba.jpg

More pics to come

Cheers jimmy :D :D

thanks for the pic of the gtj jimmy rub a bit of salt in would....lol. especially as the axle flew completely out of the car just as i said was reporting to all the queensland boys that the car was brilliant and i can drive the wheels of it.

Well done all

Cam, it looks like you had home track advantage but got pushed the whole way, well done!

nice to see a couple of trophies coming North

Edited by Paul NZ

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Check the new LMP toy. Love these car already. Werner sold lots of LMP bits and pieces over the weekend to locals. Might see the odd LMP race or two shortly. The light kits are too cool on these cars.74122249-7433-4f05-ba56-a462f94b78ff.jpg