Round 4 Marsden Park

Terry

curve_zpsbf5030f6.jpg

The cars arrived this afternoon.

At this stage I haven't taken a close look at the cars to see if anyone needs some attention,but I did notice that Kens' car has a broken body mount,I think it has come adrift,I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm going to enjoy this,

Terry

Edited by terry

Fixed Kens body mount,gave the cars a quick check with braids and whatever else,at this stage I was just keen to get the braids tidied up with a straighten and a bit of a clean,

I just had to give the cars a little 10 lap "shakedown" run,tyres were not cleaned or treated just ran the cars with the cleaned up braids,very early days but these times may show up who is there or there abouts ,and who isn't.

car #

9X RIR 4.970

69 Ferrai1950 4.986

8 Phil 5.074

2 Stubbo 5.078

12 Mike Akers 5.082

14 Biedmatt 5.100

11 Newso 5.126

70 Chenglaw 5.145

47 Charles 5.160

3 Slo1 5.209

26 The Grandkids 5.214

22 SlotsNZ 5.234

7 OLD23 5.237

9 Lenny Broke 5.248

28 GT6 5.292

5 BillX 5.313

20 Miveson 5.369

6 Mmmoose 5.486

50 Alexis 5.520

13 MNewns 5.922

Some little observations,Ken,after I repaired the body mount I gave your car some laps to make sure all was okay,for the 1st few laps the car seemed to have good power,but the the power dropped off and ran in the 5.7 region,all is not well here.

I'm not sure what ,but tomorrow I will spend more time on the car to see if there is anything obvious,I will PM you later on tomorrow with my thoughts.

Some very smooth cars here,makes mine sound like a chaff cutter,I always reckon a quiet car is a fast car and that was obvious this afternoon,Lims car was a real surprise,after clocking the time it did,I cleaned the tyres a bit as it was handling all over the shop,immediately got the car down to 5.0 something,that's in the "fast car " category,come race day this car will hopefully surprise,by far the best car I have driven from Lim.

Any questions or comments I'd be happy to respond,love these cars!the Matich Brabhams,Phils Lotus33,(I saw the real car at Warwick farm back in the day)nice work boys!!

Terry

Edited by terry

Variable mix of results for warm-up round compared with past performance although my own cars were about where expected.

Official qualifying round will be watched with much interest.

Note warm-up fastest lap within 0.1secs of last years best qualifying time and within 0.2secs within best race time.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

I have no doubt that with the warm up times and with a general feel of the cars that this years round here will be faster than last year,there are probably 7 or 8 cars well capable of sub 5 sec laps(I use that figure to identify fast and faster),qualifying is on Sunday,before that I intend to clean tyres and a general look to see anything untoward,I would expect the order to be rearranged somewhat.

Terry

Thanks for posting that for me Alan,

Qualifying went quite with with no real surprises,I did think there may have been more cars in the sub 5 sec range,but thats the way these things go.

The last 3 races show that the top runners in those rounds are up there with the mid pack being hard fought,some comment was made about the PP chassis working well,that was certainly borne out with Ferrari1950 and Mivesons' cars handling my track well,both cars had good grip and were easy to drive.

I finally got Mmmooses' car working okay so that car will do okay on raceday,maybe not a podium car but not at the back of the field either.

Phils' Lotus was quick,real nice to drive,you know the sort,one that just wants to be driven as hard as you like, a very forgiving car,my tip for next Saturday,just because of the driveability,with 3 different drivers thats the sort of car that will be needed on the day,

Anyway enough of my prattling on,its been fun running these cars today,its been a long couple of days as the track had no grip at all on Friday,I reckon I got a bit heavy handed in cleaning the track and as a result I was left with a sparkling clean surface but absolutely no grip!

I had to run some of my club cars around for sometime before the grip came up to what it should have been,all good now thank heavens.

Terry

Qualified in the top 10?! Now that's something to think about after the last 2 miserable runs and so " got the car down to 5.0 something,that's in the "fast car " category,come race day this car will hopefully surprise,by far the best car I have driven from Lim.".. Yeah, Terry you should know, you've driven a few of my proxy cars in the past and after the feedback from the earlier 2 rounds, I wasn't hoping for much and am a little surprised at the Honda's performance on your track. So, fingers X'ed, I'm hoping it'll translate into a better race finish and mark the turning point for the car in this proxy. Thanks, Terry.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi Lim,

Yes I have had a few of your cars on my track for I think 3 or 4 previous occasions,and to my everlasting embarrassment I did make some rather "bruising" comments on one of your cars,so it is especially nice that I was able to make those comments about your No.70 car yesterday.

Fingers crossed for next Saturday,but you do know by now that the Proxy gods can be cruel!

Terry

Not to worry about that, Terry, I'm well aware of the crap finish of some of my cars in the proxies and I have always been the first to admit to my shortcomings in building a good looking car - 10 thumbs instead of 2 and 8 fingers!

Lim

So here are the results for round 4.

MarsdenOarkResults.jpg

Congratulations Marek, Phil and Stewart.

And here is the series points table.

SeriesPointsafterround4-1.jpg

Yes there has been a change of leader. The crafty Canadian has taken over.

A big thanks to Terry and his crew for running this round.

I am sure he will help you with any queries.

The cars will now head off to Adelaide for round 5 on the 1st of June to be run by Alan O'Dea with some help from Lenny Broke!

Edited by Stubbo

Alan Stubbings

Thanks for putting the results up for me Alan,especially for the tutorial in how to get the results up onto a place like this!

Before I go into the running of the days races,I have to thank Steve and Viv(oldslot) for coming up and giving me a hand to get the round done,certainly could not have done it without your help.

It was always going to be a good round for marek in the #69 car,from the start his car was quick and the boys found his car to their liking by being consistent from 1 lane to the others,some cars did not have that ability and that was where the race was won.

Old 23's and Phils' cars were great,very close,and Matts Ferrari was a bit of a sleeper,early in the series matt was concerned about lack of grip,but there was no problems today,in fact I think the grip level was very good for all cars.

I will get some pics done and put up on the forum,but for now its been a long day and time for coffee.

Please don't hesitate to ask about your car,

Terry

Aother Big day at the office by the looks. Thanks for the well run round Terry, you have got to be one of the best proxy hosts. From what I see all the events and proxies you put your hand up for are run on time at the time you schedule to run and run well and the cars all looked after, with repairs done where needed. This one is no exception, its great to have you on board! Same can be said with all the other TC hosts too. It all helps make the Tasman run smoothly and quickly. Thanks Steve and Oldslot too, any chance we'll see Steve and Viv entering a car next year?

Certainly a turn around for the #3 car. Did you put some tyre warmers on it?

Congrats and well done to Marek, Phil and Stew. Looks like Matt might be back on track too.

Stubbo had some good times Im surprized I finished in front of him. I'll never he the end of it he misses out on the series by less than 4 points! :blink:

Is 7th a PB for you Terry?

Thanks, Terry for running this round. Well, at least my Honda managed to finish a little higher up the table, although not quite what I had expected of it after qualifying. Looked like it didn't go too well in the Red Lane but was better on Yellow and White. I guess it didn't like the Red, lagging some 8 laps off the pace whereas it was only 3 and 5 laps behind in the other two. Congrats to Marek., Phil and Stewart for their podium finishes!

Lim

Thanks, Terry for running this round. Well, at least my Honda managed to finish a little higher up the table, although not quite what I had expected of it after qualifying. Looked like it didn't go too well in the Red Lane but was better on Yellow and White. I guess it didn't like the Red, lagging some 8 laps off the pace whereas it was only 3 and 5 laps behind in the other two. Congrats to Marek., Phil and Stewart for their podium finishes!

Hi Lim, well your car was showing good form going into the race,however I did not take into account the fact that our guest drivers have had very little experience in driving these cars,and both were mindful of the fact that they were really keen to give all the cars a fair run without being too aggressive with their driving,so I think in your case that is what happened,another issue was the solarbotics motor,which do lack brakes and are a different animal to the other motors used ,so driving habits have to be adjusted,each car that used the solarbotics motor varied to each other,your car was the fastest down the straight,but the one lacking the most when it came to brakes,I was lucky enough to have had the cars here and experience each cars habits enough to allow me to push a little harder,that can be seen by my lap times on my lane,yellow,having said all that I enjoyed your car to drive,it behaved quite nicely and handled and had good grip.

Terry

Aother Big day at the office by the looks. Thanks for the well run round Terry, you have got to be one of the best proxy hosts. From what I see all the events and proxies you put your hand up for are run on time at the time you schedule to run and run well and the cars all looked after, with repairs done where needed. This one is no exception, its great to have you on board! Same can be said with all the other TC hosts too. It all helps make the Tasman run smoothly and quickly. Thanks Steve and Oldslot too, any chance we'll see Steve and Viv entering a car next year?

Certainly a turn around for the #3 car. Did you put some tyre warmers on it?

Congrats and well done to Marek, Phil and Stew. Looks like Matt might be back on track too.

Stubbo had some good times Im surprized I finished in front of him. I'll never he the end of it he misses out on the series by less than 4 points! :blink:

Is 7th a PB for you Terry?

Well yes, I think 7th is my best finish in any F1 proxy,although I was a little annoyed that during the week I have been aware that I have been using the wrong tyres all along!

I thought it was my chassis or something else!

New tyres are on their way,but too late for this one,still I was happy with the car,I suppose if you are going to get a reasonable it has to be at your home track.

Terry

Edited by terry

Well it looks like you had a great day running the round... well done to the podium getters and to Terry, Viv and Steve for their efforts in running the round so efficiently.

My car is nothing but consistent in coming 15th for the last 3 rounds - still I've got plenty to learn.

Thanks fellas.

We missed you on race day Mark,I'm sure you would get a lot out of seeing the cars in your hand.

Your car has speed,but maybe lacking in a few areas,nothing major just bits here and there,I think we gave the car as much as we could,its one of those things where you need to make the decision as to how hard do you push here,a deslot will cost a lap at my place so you have to bear that in mind.

We did have a good time though,not sure if Viv will take to the soldering iron,but Steve now has a BT11A courtesy of tassie resins,so he has no reason not to get into it.

I think you already know yourself that if Steve did get into it the car would be quick,he just needs a "nudge".

Terry