Round 3 2013 Wrp - Rally Scotland

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello gentlemen, I have been enjoying myself with your cars - aka doing shakedown runs...

My sincere apologies to the ladies. I enjoyed your cars also.

Many thanks to all entrants for your participation.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

:lol:

Hope you guys are preparing to have a big weekend of slots. Massive field.

Really looking forward to the run.

Interesting comment on the 111 car. Don't recall there being much difference between the weight of it and mine. Guess it's all in the distribution and balance.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Leo , see the Stig was hanging around to get some tips on how to drive a real car. Noticed the pic you had there was a WRS decal on it . Hopefully it isnt another mob trying to steal our thunder.

Happy about the shakedown but it worries me as it seems to go southward when the real stage starts . So whoever was driving my car ,keep him on , he's doing alright. Hope you guys have fun and have plenty food and coffee.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the shake down. My car is number 15. Before your stages would you investigate the clicking noise (and slowness please - may be connected). Only 2 screws locate the body shell in the middle. If you need to contact me the number is on the bottom of the car.

Thank you.

Andy.

Hello Andy #15,

I was planning to open up your Octavia anyway. Tonight I did and out popped the sheered off head of a body mounting screw. Don't know where it had become lodged but perhaps against a crown gear then was dislodged when the car speeded up. Running better now. Unfortunately the screw head dissapeared into one of the vents on my oven door so not got it now. Does that make any sense?

Car running ok now, same sort of ultimate lap-time.

Leo

Edited by Scuderia_Turini
Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Hello Ember,

Have compared your car with #111. The brush material is stiffer on #111 so it doesn't sit as low as yours at the front. Have done a bit of smoothing (LOL) - hope it doesn't help it beat my car !!

Your car looks great btw.

Leo

Hello all,

For those not familiar with Ninco track, the rails sit slightly higher than the track surface. So the magnetic field of the motor may play a part in this stage. The Subarus and C4s have a low slung motor so those are the ones to watch. It will be interesting to compare the Ninco results against the Carrera which has fairly flush rails.

Stage 1 tomorrow - the first action will be for us to name the stages, we each have our own favourite Scottish forest !! Feel free to have a guess at potential names.

Thanks Leo. I couldn't remember if I put Pro braid on both cars or just mine. I know I did leave a couple of minor differences in the two cars. Not much point having them both the same, right?

Hoping mine might climb the ladder on the consistency ticket. It's running the same motor as last year. I was rather surprised to find some extra power in it when I gave it a bath.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hello all,

Got through stage 1 - a mammoth 7 hour session... Driver Crawford is the youngest of the team today and admitted a bit of weariness at times, whereas the elders found the only problem to be standing up for so long, We were all revived occasionaly with a good cup of tea. We stopped for lunch also.

Have punched the results into a spread-sheet and will post up very shortly after treble-checking. Photos will have to wait until tomorrow though.

Leo (PS - Gazza, please note Edinburgh is not in the Highlands !!)

Crawford at the controls and Peter controlling...

970742_496135030454722_903968510_n.jpg

Yeah, I think the Ninco track has played a part... As well as the surface, the height of the rails allows the magnetic field of the motor to provide magnatraction so the cars with "scrubbed" tyres probably have an advantage here.

Boy, has it! I think the cats just scattered when someone threw a pigeon at them.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg