Round 3 2013 Wrp - Rally Scotland

134 replies to this topic

#21 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

nice setup. will be a first on plastic track for my car... big surprise to come????

#22 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hello gentlemen, I have been enjoying myself with your cars - aka doing shakedown runs.

I'll post up times and comments tomorrow - but tease you here first...
I am doing the shakedown driving and have to admit that this will not really be representative of the stage runs as the two event drivers are both much smoother and therefore quicker than I am. Its more about checking the mechanical state - and enjoying myself.
Ran the cars on the Ninco track and that went pretty well. Some cars have had the tyres trued to flat-ness and the resulting square edges are not as forgiving as a rounded edge that will ovesteer more easily on Ninco surface. Hence I found some cars quite "tippy", digging in sort of thing. I bonded quickly with one car and my first lap (of 5) was almost the quickest - lurv.
Its amazing how different the cars are. They all have closely the same wheelbase and chassis type so I kind of expected more similarity. The only ones that seem consistent (good) are the Peugeot 206s.
I always leave my cars with the body screws tight - might have to re-think that strategy now that I have driven cars with considerable body-rock.
Have fixed the cars of Haystack (21) - broken guide centre-ing assembly and Rokormat (58) - interior loose and rubbing on tyres.
Some superb paint jobs, a couple that I was reluctant to touch without rubber gloves on!

Best regards, Leo
Posted Image Like Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

#23 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

The rubber gloves shouldn't be necessary Leo. I've been assured that the muck all over His Lordship's car is safe. :)
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#24 haystack

Lawn Tractor Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Thanks again Leo for your good work; looking forward with confidence to a solid unbroken (sic) run in this proxy. :rolleyes:
Chris
H.M.C.C

#25 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Here we are then - Shakedown Times. No major offs to report, pnly some minor rolls as well as simple de-slots. As mentioned, I think he cars will do better with my tame drivers in control.
Left side is by car number, right side is by time - slowest first LOL. Sorry but I don't have the names in yet.

Posted Image

Edited by Scuderia_Turini, 17 May 2013 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image Like Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

#26 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

I heard you had some problem on the previous stage.
Yeah, the steering wouldn't work, but its all fixed now.
Ok, good luck.

Posted Image

Edited by Scuderia_Turini, 17 May 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#27 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostScuderia_Turini, on 16 May 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Hello gentlemen, I have been enjoying myself with your cars - aka doing shakedown runs...

My sincere apologies to the ladies. I enjoyed your cars also.
Many thanks to all entrants for your participation.

Leo

#28 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

:lol:
Hope you guys are preparing to have a big weekend of slots. Massive field.

Really looking forward to the run.

Interesting comment on the 111 car. Don't recall there being much difference between the weight of it and mine. Guess it's all in the distribution and balance.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#29 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

100- quick but difficult... well, i am french, what do you expect :).
more seriously, i would love to understand how to improve it for next year, so thanks a lot for any feedback.

#30 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Leo , see the Stig was hanging around to get some tips on how to drive a real car. Noticed the pic you had there was a WRS decal on it . Hopefully it isnt another mob trying to steal our thunder.
Happy about the shakedown but it worries me as it seems to go southward when the real stage starts . So whoever was driving my car ,keep him on , he's doing alright. Hope you guys have fun and have plenty food and coffee.
Cheers Craig
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#31 Knealer

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Car 81 -rocket ship! So I have speed but can't corner. I blame the navigator rolling around in the cab. He's not taking his role seriously! Thanks Leo for the shakedown coverage!

Edited by Knealer, 17 May 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

#32 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

1.5 sec off pace!!!!.It seems the wheel that fell-off unbalanced the car.Good luck eveyone.
Posted Image

#33 demontweeks

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the shake down. My car is number 15. Before your stages would you investigate the clicking noise (and slowness please - may be connected). Only 2 screws locate the body shell in the middle. If you need to contact me the number is on the bottom of the car.

Thank you.

Andy.

#34 mtucker666

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Never had a "kapow!", just need a few more thwacks and kabooms in the real runs and I'll be happy!

#35 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hello Andy #15,
I was planning to open up your Octavia anyway. Tonight I did and out popped the sheered off head of a body mounting screw. Don't know where it had become lodged but perhaps against a crown gear then was dislodged when the car speeded up. Running better now. Unfortunately the screw head dissapeared into one of the vents on my oven door so not got it now. Does that make any sense?
Car running ok now, same sort of ultimate lap-time.

Leo

Edited by Scuderia_Turini, 18 May 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#36 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hello Ember,
Have compared your car with #111. The brush material is stiffer on #111 so it doesn't sit as low as yours at the front. Have done a bit of smoothing (LOL) - hope it doesn't help it beat my car !!
Your car looks great btw.

Leo

#37 FPV GTP

2nd Place 2013 WRP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for the shakedown.
Good luck all for this round.

Mario
Posted Image

#38 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hello all,
For those not familiar with Ninco track, the rails sit slightly higher than the track surface. So the magnetic field of the motor may play a part in this stage. The Subarus and C4s have a low slung motor so those are the ones to watch. It will be interesting to compare the Ninco results against the Carrera which has fairly flush rails.

Stage 1 tomorrow - the first action will be for us to name the stages, we each have our own favourite Scottish forest !! Feel free to have a guess at potential names.

#39 jimmi

Part Time Racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Looking forward to it Leo, my guess will be Auchteraw Highlands Stage ,you gotta love google:-)

Cheers,
Jimmi

#40 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,210 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

The Highland Haggis Handicap
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary