Round 3 2013 Wrp - Rally Scotland

Hello all,

Am looking forward to running the event - 8/9th June. We will be running the cars on two tracks:

Track 1 is Ninco, Track 2 is Carrera. The control tyres worked very well on both.

Will post up some track pictures once I have done a bit of tidying...

My brother Adrian and friend Crawford will be the drivers, myself and my nephew Christopher will be marshalling, timing, photographing etcetera.

Kind regards, Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not far off it Em . Good to know there on there way again. Lets all pray for a nice man at customs to let the cars through this time without a payment :rolleyes::D .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Got a surprise this morning - the cars have arrived !!

The delivery arrived yesterday when no-one was home so I went to collect it this morning. No mention of need for any payment :- )

Not unpacked the cars yet, box is in good shape so no concerns.

I scheduled the troops for 8/9th June but will ask them to gather sooner.

I was expecting a parcel from Germany and assumed this was it, although it was a lot larger than I expected. It was only when I put it in my car that I realised it was from Canada.

Will unpack the cars later today and aim to do a shakedown run tomorrow (Sunday 11th May).

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Great news, that they have arrived, even better news that your round will be run earlier.

Less pressure and you and your helpers can enjoy the round.

Don't forget, plenty of photo's

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

OK, 51 cars in the box. Not run any yet, but did check for drive train rotation and general condition.

6 in the service park. Not opened up any except for #21

21 - Guide mount tube detached from base - hope to fix this

81 - Rattle inside

58 - Body rocks so much that the tyres touch the arches - no marks on the tyres so must run OK ??

38 - Rear spolier detached

46 - Rear spolier detached

1 - Rear spolier detached

Leo "the spanner"

Car #21 is fixed :- ) Self-centering spring pin had detached

Car #81 - Its the navigator rattling about in the cabin - bit weird as the windscreen wipers are on the inside... No running rpoblems though

For the cars that have rear spoilers detached, owners please let me know if you want them glued back on. If not I'll leave them loose with the car number identified.

Shakedown tommorrow night.

Stage 1 on Saturday coming 18th - outside if weather dry, inside if not. Despite both being boring peeps, both drivers are going away on holiday during May so 2nd Stage likely to be the following weekend.

Hopefully run a third stage by reversing the direction - round the track that is.

Leo

The stage outside:-

968907_493980667336825_1468442313_n.jpg

The Stage inside - small room so hope you can get an idea of the layout. Clutter of 16 years...

This is on two levels.

21106_493985757336316_1818646704_n.jpg

310264_493985784002980_567453036_n.jpg

970871_493985780669647_1353583757_n.jpg

Edited by Scuderia_Turini

Ah yes the old windscreen wipers inside! Only realised after I'd glued it all together after the respray! It's not helped the aerodynamics any!

The loose navigator may help the handling much like a side car passenger. The only way is up for my car since finishing dead last on stage 2 in Canada.

81_zps7655c7d9.png

Looking forward to this round. About time my car started performing well.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Thanks Leo , if the wing comes off easy enough on the 46 car ,just pull it off and leave it in the box. Weird that 3 cars had wing problems . Looks like those Canadian custom blokes took a liking to our cars. Failing that they didnt appreciate my email enquiring why we were hit with the penalty. Anyway have fun . Hey Knealer ,glad you havent had some navvies like Gazza,s . Ducks , dogs , you name it he's had it .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hello gentlemen, I have been enjoying myself with your cars - aka doing shakedown runs.

I'll post up times and comments tomorrow - but tease you here first...

I am doing the shakedown driving and have to admit that this will not really be representative of the stage runs as the two event drivers are both much smoother and therefore quicker than I am. Its more about checking the mechanical state - and enjoying myself.

Ran the cars on the Ninco track and that went pretty well. Some cars have had the tyres trued to flat-ness and the resulting square edges are not as forgiving as a rounded edge that will ovesteer more easily on Ninco surface. Hence I found some cars quite "tippy", digging in sort of thing. I bonded quickly with one car and my first lap (of 5) was almost the quickest - lurv.

Its amazing how different the cars are. They all have closely the same wheelbase and chassis type so I kind of expected more similarity. The only ones that seem consistent (good) are the Peugeot 206s.

I always leave my cars with the body screws tight - might have to re-think that strategy now that I have driven cars with considerable body-rock.

Have fixed the cars of Haystack (21) - broken guide centre-ing assembly and Rokormat (58) - interior loose and rubbing on tyres.

Some superb paint jobs, a couple that I was reluctant to touch without rubber gloves on!

Best regards, Leo

The rubber gloves shouldn't be necessary Leo. I've been assured that the muck all over His Lordship's car is safe. :)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Here we are then - Shakedown Times. No major offs to report, pnly some minor rolls as well as simple de-slots. As mentioned, I think he cars will do better with my tame drivers in control.

Left side is by car number, right side is by time - slowest first LOL. Sorry but I don't have the names in yet.

945114_495342897200602_2069252895_n.jpg

Edited by Scuderia_Turini