Tasman Cup Round 3 Gotham Park

kalbfellp

Round 3 was completed last night at Bruce Thomas,s Gotham Park Track.

Drivers for the night were my self,John Batich,Haystack and Dave Bantoft.

I will sort out some comments on the cars soon.

Well done to Ferrari 1950, Fastest Vanski car I have ever driven on this track and to Stubbo who placed again and is increasing his lead in the series with every round.

Results_zps0062e1e6.jpg

We have a change with the Next round,Lenny will not be ready until the end of the month so Terry has offered to run his round at Marsden Park next.

The cars will be off to Terry this week.

Edited by kalbfellp

Well that was quick. This must have put you way ahead of schedule.

Congrats to organisers and podiumites.

My Cooper Climax No.47 appears to be getting better all the time but Lotus 18/21 No.5 going in the other direction.

Will look forward to comments on individual cars when available.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Charles the Lotus would just not flow on this track it was off and on, If I get time I will look at it before the cars go off to Terry.

Yes we ahead schedule ang Terry and his group have stepped up to keep the pace going. I think this all helps to maintain the interest in the series.

G'day Phil,

We arrived back last night. A big thanks to all the Hobart guys for looking after rounds 2 and 3.

I got the email with the points details and will update them later on.

Congrats to Marek on winning round three and to Phil for second place.

Thanks again to everyone for looking after things whilst I was away. Much appreciated.

Alan Stubbings

Thanks for the help Phil. Car started so well so it is a bit dissapointing. Have to think it is something fairly basic as it is mechanically very similar to Cooper. Recall I hot glued chassis into bottom section of body at last moment to maintain track clearance so has the hot glue come adrift and started to bind somewhere not intended. It should at least run smoothly but this does not seem to be the case.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Congrats to Marek, Phil and Stubbo !Thanks for the round Bruce, Phil, John, Stack and Dave and helpers. Well done on a good job done and good to see the Tassie rounds run quickly, as per usual! Looks like Charles come home in 10th not me.

Is it grip issues mine has or motor or something else ? The top 5 or 6 guys look pretty close on pace.

Is it grip issues mine has or motor or something else ? The top 5 or 6 guys look pretty close on pace.

Stu; Your car is just a little loose. Motor is not quite up to Stubbo's either. Where #2 is smooth and planted, carries speed thru the corners, and pulls easily away; yours is just a little untidy, and more work. Similar but not quite the same.

Chris

H.M.C.C

Well done to the top 3 ,Marek,if your car is anything like last years,it will be a beauty,can't wait to get the cars here for our round.

Thanks to Phil,John, Haystack and Dave for the driving,

Nice to have my car in the top 10,I think thats my best proxy F1 result to date,so I've got to be happy with that!

Terry

Hi Phil. Did you find anything wrong with my Lotus or is it just a disaster?

Looking forward to getting it back I think!!!!! Really enjoying the competition, commentary and especially the photos.

Think I found picture of Cheltenham track - previous Australian GP 2012 Round.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Could not find any problems with your car Charles, rear axle was a little tight in the bearings so Lubed up with some very thin oil again and seem a little better.

Gearing may be wrong for this motor as the car stops very quickly.It is very on and off on Bruce's track.

Thanks Phil.

Yes I had acknowledged earlier that gearing was wrong. 8:25 should have probably have been 8:23 for the more grunty SRP/MRRC motor. Axle should not be tight. Has axle shifted across slightly so suspension rubbing on one wheel? Doubt motor mount bent and axle should be well clear of body.

Appreciate has now gone to next track so thanks for trying.

Regards

Chas Le Breton