Tasman Cup Round 2 Shelmore Park

22 replies to this topic

#21 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

Most of the better cars have tyres almost right on the limit, also clearance is about the legal limit.
These cars have little torque so clearance on the gears needs a little more than normal. Rear axle should spin very freely with out the motor fitted.

#22 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

You would have to put THAT photo up Phil! now the secret is out. My next trick is to operate the cars from an adjoining room. Comments have given me a good laugh.............

Just an observation about performance........ there is a fair amount of difference in the cars depending on the radius of the corners - this is probably accentuated on a 4 lane track. Also the difference between the really good cars and the ones that are nearly there are in the fine details of the set up. In several cases I thought the front end set up of the "almost right" cars was not quite there - in terms of un-even ride height or the wheels being too far off the ground.

Anyway - it was an enjoyable night. And now I have studied a couple of particular cars in detail I am predicting an even more competitive Bass Strait Challenge in 2014 - watch out Stubbo and Stu!!!!

#23 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

View Postboss302, on 26 April 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Anyway - it was an enjoyable night. And now I have studied a couple of particular cars in detail I am predicting an even more competitive Bass Strait Challenge in 2014 - watch out Stubbo and Stu!!!!

:unsure: :blink: Oh no... not again.....!?
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users