Round 1 2013 Wrp

teamredracing

0.007 seconds behind 8th place! Did you leave a speck of dust in the way?

I don't know about dust, but i do remember him sneezing at one point

Thanks for the names to faces, now all up on "Wales most wanted" posters. Border guards have been briefed.

Already on the most wanted list Martyn, spent 6 months in Wales in 83

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Here is the points table for Round 1 - I've decided on a rather dull colour scheme this year black/white and grey.

2013_WRP_R1.jpg

And of course it wouldn't be the WRP without some alternative battles between the car manufacturers and the competing countries:

2013_WRP_R1_Sub.jpg

No real surprises that Australia and Greece are battling for country honors as per usual.

The French made cars are a bit slow off the line trying to defend their manufacturer trophy from last year.

Looking forward to the next round.

And yes Fuzzy beat his dad this round (will I ever hear the end of it), my cars have never liked the first round but at least at the moment I'm doing better than last years position #38. Still plenty of time left to re-live the dream of 2012.

Embs and I have a side bet on the final result and once again she's in front - a carton of Australia's finest beer to any host who accidentally drivers over Ember's car with either a car, lawn mower or hammer.

hyundai is going to struggle in the manufacturers championship :lol: :lol:

You might have to have a side bet with Viv (oldslot) ...... he's running the only Toyota

Gary

Many thanks to Craig and team - very efficient event.

I can't hide my dissapointment with my car - was convinced it could be a midfield runner, with hopes for top half.

Congratulations to all who have been able to acheive what I was aiming for.

Leo (puzzled)

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Great Driving Craig, thanks for putting me up there, 20th o/a Brilliant!!!!

11th on stage 2, only a handful of seconds behind Gazza and Tuckerman at that!!

Shame I lost 20+ secs on the 1st stage, or I'd have been up there!

BTW, Craig, you can call me anything you like :wub:

Edited by Splitrim

Whats not to like...........

0.007 seconds ahead of Embs, never in doubt I would take that place. I am nearly happy, 5th fastest lap time, so my car has speed, hopefully cope even better on the hopefully slightly less tight circuits to come.

Thanks for speedy efficeint running and roll on Canada.

Matt

Nice work gents thanks again for the round.

With average time being only 0.6s from fastest I'm guessing my car drove OK just a second or so a lap too slowly.

Mark

Fuzzy got you by 10 spots and me by 2 Matt got me by 11 spots though!!

Just say you did all the work on the car - thats what I do

Should North Korea be in front of France?

No leave it that way other wise you never know what may happen - I hear they are watching this very closely

Cheers

Mike

Diamo Stages

Just returned from the club where i run the shakedown ahead of the IPS proxy.

Good work guys,thanks to Craig and team - very efficient round,now get some rest.

Congratulations to everyone for entering and to Mario and Marcos for win and 3rd.

My cars performance?

Half empty interpretation:no fast enough to claim the top spot,many of the cars were significantly faster on stage 2 than on stage 1, mine not.

Half full interpretation:no matter the track is fast enough to be near the top and thats what wins championships.

Delighted we have 3 cars from Greece in the top 10

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

A big thanks to Craig & Gazza for the first round.

Very happy with the win in stage1 & congrats to

Alexis & Craig for 2nd & 3rd.

Well done to Marcos, Rokrmat & Alexis for 1,2,3 in stage 2.

A few off's cost me in stage 2 but was lucky enough to stay

in front after the 2 stages & nice to see my son close behind

in 3rd place. Well done to Alexis & Marcos for 2nd & 3rd.

The hard part now, is to stay there.

Good luck to all in the next round

Signaturebanner_zpsbb5af1d4.jpg

BTW, Craig, you can call me anything you like :wub:

Except late for dinner I'd say.

guys, that was an amazing work. Does your software provide every lap time? even raw CSV data would be great for us, the fanatics of the stats!!!

I wish I could but when you do this sort of thing with the results you tend to hold on to the important stuff and delete the other. Gary may still have something there but not quite sure. I've never really sat down to crunch numbers but apparently there are those who do. Sorry mate.

Alexis , don't be down on your car that much ,it really is a pleasure to drive . The track changed so much from the day before as far as temperature goes. Saturday stayed reasonably cool all day with overcast conditions and where Sunday the garage actually went up in temp where it was quite warm. Might explain my cars performance. Couldn't go wrong Saturday ,everything went wrong Sunday.

While I'm writing , Nisko , your car had a failure of the unexpected type on sunday during the warm up run. Car stopped unexpectedly and found the long copper contact arm to the chicken foot had snapped half way along it. It had already had a bend in it to get good contact to the guide but it actully broke before that :huh: . Anyway it was a quick solder job which we managed to do without getting a hot eye poker (Snurfen :P:D ) and it was ready for running. We super glued the contact arm back down the put a bit of hot glue over it for safe measure,so it shouldn't come adrift hopefully.Will look at it again and run the motor to make sure all is good before packing it up.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Anyway it was a quick solder job which we managed to do without getting a hot eye poker

You'll have to show me that trick Craigo!

I'm now used as a "how not too" by the factory Health an Safety manager during induction courses. :(

wosautos12.gif

Alexis , don't be down on your car that much ,it really is a pleasure to drive .

Sorry if it looked that way i'm not at all down,from day 1 i knew that it was going to be harder than the Skoda to bring it up to speed,

on top of everything else it had both chicken legs bent,i had to remove them completely,straighten them and put them back which was not an easy task.

But i understand,from testing locally, that it is a consistent car,not getting you by surprise and quite fast,it's good enough for me if it is verified on different tracks.Of course i expect

to be down the order at Luf's(it is run at 10 Volts right?)because of the weight .

It would help to know,i know i ask too much,how many deslots each one had.

Thanks on behalf on Chris(Nisko)

Good luck everyone in the next one

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Fuzzy got you by 10 spots and me by 2 Matt got me by 11 spots though!!

Just say you did all the work on the car - thats what I do

Should North Korea be in front of France?

No leave it that way other wise you never know what may happen - I hear they are watching this very closely

Mike,

Fuzzies day will come otherwise I'll be making lunch for the rest of the year.

I'm surprised anyone noticed my little country anomaly - perhaps we should add the US of A.

Long, long, long way to go yet.

While I'm writing , Nisko , your car had a failure of the unexpected type on sunday during the warm up run. Car stopped unexpectedly and found the long copper contact arm to the chicken foot had snapped half way along it. It had already had a bend in it to get good contact to the guide but it actully broke before that :huh: . Anyway it was a quick solder job which we managed to do without getting a hot eye poker (Snurfen :P:D ) and it was ready for running. We super glued the contact arm back down the put a bit of hot glue over it for safe measure,so it shouldn't come adrift hopefully.Will look at it again and run the motor to make sure all is good before packing it up.

Cheers Craig

DSC09808_zpsd4000bb5.jpg

DSC09810_zpsd41c05ba.jpg

DSC09813_zps3f77036d.jpg

DSC09832_zps5ff7f8a3.jpg

Gary