Plafit Mini Z Teams Enduro At X-Treme Trax

jimmyslots 1950

Hi guys

X-Treme Trax Dapto are hosting a Plafit Mini Z 4 hour teams enduro on Satuday 11th May.

We will be racing on the 2 tracks upstairs,the newly re-painted Pitstop track & Diggers track.

X-Treme will also be hosting the 2013 Australian Plafit Championship in August & the Enduro was seen as an ideal way to get some practice on what we think is the best 6 lane track in the country.

This will also be a good event for people new to Plafit racing to exchange ideas on setups with some of our locals who have learned a lot about Plafits over the years & are very willing to give tips on what has worked for them.

There is no limit to the number of teams entering but early nominations to Alec at the track or on this thread would be appreciated so we can cater for the most important part of the day,the Barby :D

PlafitMiniZEnduro_zpsff8fefe9.jpg

Cheers Jimmy

Edited by jimmyslots 1950

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Werner,that would have been taken in 2009 just beore the Model Car Nats.

Here's some I took last night with 4 years more wear,still holding up well.Also captured 3 Scallywags getting some practice in on a track we hardly race on,must be a big race coming soon! :D

Far left Chris(Chris 1810)middle Jason(Jeramiah 83)nearest Cam(Camber)

DSC03963_zps3a277384.jpg

Here's the Pitstop Track which is similar to a King but with the donut arse about & we run in clockwise direction.With the new gloss finish the Plafit sponge tyres just love it & creates some very fast close racing.

Pic from turn 1

DSC03969_zps4da24454.jpg

Pic from turn 2

DSC03968_zps78321406.jpg

Cheers jimmy :D

Nice pics Werner,that would have been taken in 2009 just beore the Model Car Nats.

Here's some I took last night with 4 years more wear,still holding up well.Also captured 3 Scallywags getting some practice in on a track we hardly race on,must be a big race coming soon! :D

Far left Chris(Chris 1810)middle Jason(Jeramiah 83)nearest Cam(Camber)

DSC03963_zps3a277384.jpg

Here's the Pitstop Track which is similar to a King but with the donut arse about & we run in clockwise direction.With the new gloss finish the Plafit sponge tyres just love it & creates some very fast close racing.

Pic from turn 1

DSC03969_zps4da24454.jpg

Pic from turn 2

DSC03968_zps78321406.jpg

Cheers jimmy :D

There are some good looking blokes with their APC shirts on in that first picture.

Hello Jimmy and Alec at Xtreme.

I would like to register team WonBell - Jason and Chris.

Plafit miniz going to be epic.

Is that WonBell or WonBall Chris :blink::D:P

With seven Kids between us (that is i have three kids to my wife and Jason has four to his) Balls are the least of our problems. Fast cars and driving ability is what we lack.

Edited by Chris1810

Any new guys interested in building their own chassis for this event check out Paulthetexan's build thread.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14488-show-us-your-mini-z/page__st__380

Make no mistake, he builds some of the fastest Plafits in the country.

Only thing missing from his very informative guide is mounting the body which is a very important aspect of setting up a fast car. I will be assembling a car soon and will share how I mount the bodies, I encourage any other racers to provide some input on this also. Very much looking forward to this event, should be a cracker.

- Cam

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

Great to have you on board Jimmi,I'm not sure if you have raced Plafits before but you will love them even more after this race.

Paul the Texan has put up an excellent article on how to set up a Mini Z & if you follow all his tips you will have a very good car to play with.

If you come down to X-Treme for some practice just give Alec a ring to make sure the track is free of birthday parties especially on weekends or even better come on Thursday nights 1/24th scale racing & get to know all the locals who will help you with your car set up.

Cheers Jimmy :D

Sorry or the slow reply Rod,got carried away with the Grandkids fixing all the cars we broke in the last couple of days.

You can enter a team on this thread or there is a list at the track,you can also ring Alec & nominate over the phone,X-Treme Trax Ph # is 42628003.

Caught up with John Armundson at Penrith slot cars on Friday night & can now confirm that we will pair up for the Enduro.

Not sure what to call the team,maybe Fossils as our combined age adds up to resemble a postcode. :blink:

We now have 8 teams confirmed & another 4 or 5 still deciding on partners so I would expect about 12 teams minimum but the more the merrier.