Sign in to follow this  
ART

Slot.It N18 Tyre - 1207 Mould

So it's as simple as knowing who is on the review team

That would be a good start.

I'd like reviews to be objective and relevant with commercial relationships set aside

me too

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Well... before I give up completely. I'll have another attempt at beating my head against the brick wall (it's just so much fun). The "review team" has not yet been selected. In fact, the review team could be as simple as anyone who wants to submit a review of a new product they have purchased for the approval of the moderator/editor team. The approval process is merely to attempt to ensure fairness and objectivity. I mentioned language before, but any amendments to such would be for ease of reading and spelling.

The reason for suggesting anonymity and the review group identity was so that there was no fear of repercussions over any perceived relationships with manufacturer, supplier or retailer.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

beating my head against the brick wall
my forehead is bleeding

surely everyone is happy as Larry now? Eh?
yeah right, please pass a tissue to mop up the blood.

The reason for suggesting anonymity and the review group identity was so that there was no fear of repercussions over any perceived relationships with manufacturer, supplier or retailer

For me this makes things more suspicious, not less.....who is telling me stuff about some product? Why should I accept their opinion if they are anonymous? and "Perceived" is a key word here.

I am a natural doubter and question anyone who expresses opinions anonymously.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

The review team is as Ember said and it measly gives an opinion from the reviewer the same as a magazine review is someone's opinion. You don't have to agree with it and know one is telling anyone anything it is mearly the reviewers opinion based on experience.

Part of the review team could be any of the moderators or admin staff, a member who can give an opinion. The idea was to try and give a consistent approach to this. Maybe we don't have it right yet but we are having a go. Whether it is Mark's opinion or someone else's shouldn't matter he has reviewed a new product in his own time.

Anyway let's see how we go once we iron out the bugs. Maybe we will finish the review off with the reviewers name in the future.

Vince

A lot of people have asked over a long period of time, can we publish more reviews here etc etc

Frankly, the behaviour of people in this very thread over the past 24 hours

a ) shows why it was considered a good idea to have ART

b )why no-one wants to write reviews

I am very disappointed in my own club guys, and I for one will not make any further contributions.

Well it looks like a good idea has been killed in the short term. Topic closed. I will move the discussion posts out of this later today and leave the ones relevant to the actual topic. Thanks for helping Mark.