Thomm01

Brookfield Circuit

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I first introduced myself http://www.auslot.co...__fromsearch__1 and have been busy on and off working on the track and thought that I had better get around to starting a track journal.

The track as it is, currently isn't too much different from the original goal which is a blatant copy of Joe Z's which I stumbled across while looking at track designs http://www.auslot.co...classic- track/ Thanks Joe B)Racetrack.jpg

I have now got the track sitting on wood instead of bits of foam and leftover track pieces trying to keep the overpass up which is a good start. Have had some great nights already with the family over. Lots of laughing and carry on. I really like the big screen, which was actually the wife's idea :blink: was not expecting that one. Still playing around and learning the track and lots left to do but here are some pictures below of how it currently stands. Please ignore the butterfly's etc. Remnants from the daughter’s birthday and too lazy to take them down.

20130301_210842_zps266df5eb.jpg20130301_210900_zpsd3ff2bc2.jpg

The plan is that the table will fold up against the wall. You can see the winch on the left which all works well. Just need to get around to securing the track so it won’t fall when folded up.

Currently running SSDC and pitpro and really enjoying the challenges.

Thanks for looking, Feel free to add advice/criticism.

Edited by Thomm01

Nice layout...

Good size, great variety in corners, should be very fun...

Great blank canvas.....looks like it would be heaps of fun to race on and I will be keen to see how you work the lifting mechanism

Cheers Gloveman

510emblem.jpg

I rather push my Datto than drive anything else!

Nice looking track, I think the butterflies and kiddie mat adds the family feel.

A big screen is a ggod addition, great to see the wife supporting the hobby.

Do you plan on doing any scenery?

Marty

Thanks for the reply's guys. Much appreciated.

I definitely have a long way to go with building the track and surrounds. I have lots of plans in my head but really depends on time as to when I get around to doing them. 1 of many jobs on the go! :wacko:

Plan for the short term is to get some Perspex along the front for protection for the cars hitting the floor and so the kiddies can still see the track. That is what the kids mats are for, to protect the cars when they fly off(which was happening a LOT when I first got the track going) Also fix track down to table so I can fold it up and get the car back into the garage. Its only been 4 months though :rolleyes: At the same time install a few power taps around the track before I fix it down.

Long term most definitely is track scenery. Still haven't decided to go with a street theme or a more race track/field. Just happy at the moment to race around the track, learn a bit and collect more cars. Long term plans/dreams are : Driver stations, with tyre truer(AND drink holders, ;) )wireless throttles, build up the base level with the track, scenery, create bridge for overpass, place base on the table so when folded up it will look a bit better, Install my checkered material skirting which I already have, Make my Pitpro not as ugly :unsure: , Make my proper dust cover with press studs. etc etc etc etc. I'm sure there is more. I'll try and make sure I document it as I go along.

As far as the table folding system it is fairly simple really. When I get home I'll try to get some better pictures. Just hinges, and when folded down actually sits on a beam instead of the hinges holding the weight. When wanting to fold up I connect the cable in 3 places(one on each end and one in the middle) using shackles and turn the winch and viola!!! Pics and possibly a vid will make it easier to understand.

Thanks for being so nice about the butterfly's. I'm sure you are all just being nice though. :P

Edited by Thomm01