Very Sad News

kalbfellp

I just saw the tragic news on another forum.

Thoughts and wishes to his friends and family. He will be sorely missed by the slotting community around the world.

Goodbye Salvatore.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Incredible - first Frikkie, now Salvatore to car accidents in short succession.

Even when you only know OF someone through what they have achieved, and not know them personally, it still hits you square between the eyes to think of the loss to their family and friends, and that you will never think quite the same as you pick up one of the products they have created....

Must be a total kick to Rick who has been working much with them - my thoughts with you Rick at losing both friend and business associate.

Article in Italian newspaper - with translation.

http://translate.goo...49%23f1b59292c8

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks mate,

Yes its been an emotional day for me and many others, and I cant even imagine how his wife and kids must be feeling today. We have lost the greatest mind to ever engineer plastic chassis RTR slot cars, all based on passion Ive never seen before. Salvatore raised the bar massively.

He just built a 1.6 mill EUR factory in 2011 and just purchased a very expensive latest technology tampo machine. Salvatore and his family just moved into a new apartment in February and he was telling me of all the new models coming in 2013-14 including a BMW GT car.

Pic here below taken just 6 weeks ago. I was looking forward to catching up in May with him and racing in my team at the 6 Hour. The Italian fraternity must be very sad today.

Rest in peace Salvatore. But lots of good memories and thanks for the good times.

009jpgresized_zps84ac2083.jpg

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

RIP Salvatore. This is very sad news for his family, friends and slot car community in general.

Salvatore was a true gentleman and honest business man who was very passionate about his profession. I had the pleasure of meeting Salvatore at the time his new factory was being constructed and he was as excited about it as a kid at Christmas with a new bicycle. The hospitality he showed my wife and I while we were in Salerno is something I will never forget. He will be missed by all that knew him.

Chris Osborne

Thunderbird Slot Racing.

My heartfelt thoughts to his family as well. As Chris O. says, a real gentIemen and amazing person who did not hesitate to respond to end customer issues directly.

Just to share one here: Last year I bought the black GT40 NSR body through one of this site's sponsors and upon its arrival I noticed that it was completely missing the back panel (this was a limited series so pretty hard to get a replacement). Well, I got in touch with the local distributor who replied that he will follow up with NSR and recommended that I should do so directly as well... which I did. About week later, I received personnal email from Salvatore himself apologising for the delay due to them being caught in the organising of NSR WRE. Knowing who he was, we exchanged few emails and from there I could tell that he was that type of person who had all the time to talk and listen to the end customer.....very rare trait indeed to find amongst most of today's CEOs. Suffice to say that I hold on to those emails and use them whenever I need to, to show the exemplary customer support that I got from NSR back then. Yes, I got the painted part via the distributor and it matched perfectly.

Salvatore, may you now find peace in Heaven. Your contribution to this hobby has been nothing short of amazing. Right from the NSR beginnings, the cars you gave us continued to be the best 'out of box' performers and "Made in Italy" which made it even so special.