neil

Polypropylene

POLYPROPYLENE......... This stuff now come in pakaging surounding your white goods.... has a plastic look to it...

Has anyone used this insted of the norm. polystyrene..... plan was to use this to build up the hills to cover with flock,,,, though so far I think I'm having probs with my choice in glue,,,,,, Water based Liquid nals.,,,,, Ilike this stuff cause I use this as a bog aswell...

Has anyone else used this ..... or should I stick to the Styrene?

Someone's got to be the first to try it. It might as well be you. :) Test your glue on a small bit though.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Have tried the gluing already,,,,,, dont know if it's this wet weather,,,, or maybe the release agent known with these materials,,, maybe more time & testing

In case you can't find something to stick well enough - nothing really sticks to Polyethylene or Polypropylene, but Selleys All Clear or Liquid Nails Clear (or any similar co-polymer sealant/adhesive) does a reasonable job in lots of circumstances.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Parts made of polypropylene or polyethylene can only be held together by thermal treatment,they become sticky when heated @ ~150 centigrade.You could use your soldering iron for that but first you sould coat it with silicone spray otherwise the *lene will stick on it

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

I think,,,,, at this point,, the wet weather is playing a part in not working like would of thought and like sugested above,,,.... oh well,,, will keep posted tommorrow will try undercoating first then the water based Liquid Nails......... not keen on getting into or purchasing new or other products for the sake of testing