jphanna

Nerfing

back in my yoof, in dirt biking terms they were called "mobile berms".

If someone is sat on your shoulder going into bends, wtf do they expect? Arse end comes out when you are giving it some, so don't be surprised if you get nerfed off. If I'm a gnats bollock behind someone, I generally know which corner to hang back a bit to avoid being nerfed off.

If you cock up someone's race by consistently doing it, perhaps you need to rethink why you are playing toy cars in the first place. If you are just swapping paint and having a laugh, so what? Do it and expect it to come back to you in spades.

All that pontificating aside, it is a "Grade A" revenge device though. :ph34r:

wosautos12.gif

I never put myself in a position to be nerfed, so I never get nerfed.

Wait until I'm over there next :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look foward to that Mel. The new track is on its way..... hehehe

Snurfen......rhymes with Nerfin'.......thought that was appropriate for this thread :)

www.scorpiuswireless.com

The original wireless digital system with GRUNT.

I never put myself in a position to be nerfed, so I never get nerfed.

Wait until I'm over there next :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look foward to that Mel. The new track is on its way..... hehehe

Snurfen......rhymes with Nerfin'.......thought that was appropriate for this thread :)

"Nerfin" Snurfen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, poor bugger is gonna cop it at his next meet

He's not the only one Neil

Some track owners are good for this,,, especially those out near St Andrews,,, (don't want to give too much detail :ph34r:,,, Tony might NERF....me again on the Track

Me never Neil Just get out of my way or you will be moved out of the way That's what you call NERFING

Cheers All

Tony

nothing more enjoyable then having a stable car in control and having the nerfer go flipping off the track while you proceed.

in the end though if you overtake on the outside you have to expect it. if your fast enough to catch someone you should have the

ability to pass under braking or on the inside.

cheers Christian

Some track owners are good for this,,, especially those out near St Andrews,,, (don't want to give too much detail :ph34r:,,, Tony might NERF....me again on the Track

Me never Neil Just get out of my way or you will be moved out of the way That's what you call NERFING

Cheers All

Tony

Who bloody startrd this thread,,,, look at the trouble he's started... :lol:

Cheers All

Tony

Who bloody startrd this thread,,,, look at the trouble he's started... :lol:

I got a new toy Neil steamrolled.gif

Edited by slotrunner

We have a different name for Nerfing but I shouldn't mention it as it's the nickname of a regular user

I agree there are ways to negate this serial pest tactic, but the guy hunts!

He thinks nothing of giving laps away to stalk his target, or even taking out multiple drivers causing mass chaos

I enjoy the challenge tho'

It's more like a demolition derby when he's racing.... Brings back memories f my youth

Fonzie and the Malachi Crunch!!!

I used to think I was indecisive...

But now I'm not sure

Interesting topic!

I remember back in the day when me and a couple of mates were club racing. For a long while there we where havin a ball, till s#!t got serious with, shall we say over compedative racers, as hapens sometimes, but that's another story best left untold lol..

But yeah, nerfing? thats just rubbing son, and that's racing!

Secret to sucess?

Know your opposition

Don't come off, even if your times are a touch slower than your fastest

Never pass on the outside unless you are 100% sure it's a corner and opposition that you can get away with it

A good trick for hairpin turns was run in quick and then brake late and hard, the person on the inside who thinks he can "lean" on you into the corner will try and brake later, more often than not will run in too hard and take themselves out cuz your car wasn't there.

You need to be a pretty good driver, or at least have good awareness to be able to run your car fast, as well as watch what the others are up to.

Anyhow that's my take on the subject, none of this let others pass easily malarky, though purposely taking someone out is just poor form, usualy by the slower guy. Thankfully the majority of drivers won't try and seriously take you out hardcore.

Craig