Drifter

Sprint Cars Where Do You Get'M?

Hi guys , just wondering where to get sprint cars from. Prefer ready to race 1/32

Hope someone can help

Drifter

www.sydneyslotcars.com

I dont mean to negatively comment on either manufacturers product - and for the record, I have never had the opportunity to run either product. Visually, both products above miss the mark (although hotlaps used to seem to be different and have better looking products). I have seen some very impressive slot sprintcars on the net (just do a google images search) - who makes them??? I have asked the question on many forums - would love to know - particularly to run on a digitall oval

Dave

startline havent made them for awhile, I contacted them about 2yrs ago and they said they needed to remake the mould.

I think Slotshop were looking at importing some.

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Bugger, been wanting some myself.

Also after stock cars and midgets.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Bit late to the party but can recommend Dana at the above source.

Here is my take

http://www.slotforum...page=Sprint-Car

Forget the little whinge about the supply mix up, you know us whinging poms :lol:

Get some silicone coated tyres.

if you get one. Dismantle the whole car and clean it very thoroughly. I did not and after some time left in the box the rear axle seized because it corroded because I believe there was some flux residue left in the bushings. ( This in no way detracts from the pleasure of owning it.)

Edited by FLY in the wall

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

------------------------------------

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

The sprint plus chassis with vacuum formed bodies are a good package for sprintcars , not exact scale replicas like a large slotcar manufacturer would ( could ) do but good enough to have and race . I have a few that race them at my plce and I can say with real track testing knowledge that they are strong and handle all the crashes and bangs that all sotcars go through very well . Not many if any plastic chassis slotcars can fly off a track into a wall and fall 2 metres and then be put straight back onto the track to continue racing .

As said above theyre not exact replicas but with a bit of effort they can be made to look better with some brass rod soldered into place to give support for a top wing and side bars

click the photo to enlarge

. th_070520121429.jpg

Edited by BMR

I have some sprint plus kits and bodies... We race them up here. Easy to build. You can run on plastic track if you get silicone rear tyres. Great for board tracks though..

This is a sprint plus one. I lost the front wing i made in a prang.

DSCN0521.jpg

This is a couple of Hot Laps midgets I have done. be prepared to do a lot of work to tidy up the body and roll cage though. But they come up OK in the end.

DSCN0519.jpg

formal009.jpg

Or one of these from EJ's Hobbies... Comes with a fox II motor which is way overpowered. Recommend change to a Pointer.

100_2527-1.jpg

Pete

Edited by Richo99