kalbfellp

Oz Rally Wind Up And The Future.

I am certainly hoping current rules/class will be maintained but have to wonder if standard tyres should be issued as in SCX/WRP Rally. Not sure however whether all wheels fit the same tyres so that could present a difficulty.

Alternative is to just restrict to MJK which I think was case last time. Apart from the odd comment this appeared to work pretty well.

Only major change I would like to see is a few more Kiwis competing. We cannot let our Aussie cousins hog all the limelight. If numbers permit can we have a team prize within the existing format.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Chas, one of the reasons why it was possible to do handout tyres for the WRP is that the all of the SCX 4WD rally cars that are eligible have the the same wheel dimensions. With the freedom of the OzRally, there could be 30 different cars with 30 different sets of rear wheels. Hand our tyres would not be practical.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

How about a rally with different classes?? For example, Classic Rally Cars, Modern Rally Cars, Raid Cars and Trucks? All running their own point score classes plus an outright leader score. Obviously if you're the only entrant in a particular class, you're going to win it but you can still compare your car's performance against everyone else with the outright score. Just another idea to throw into the mix. Dave

I have considered alternating each year, running WRC cars only every second year and Running Group B and earlier cars the alternate year?

There has been some great new early cars released more recently, and very few new WRC cars.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Like idea of 2 classes as long as reasonable entry in both. Will look forwared to rules and list of eligible cars. Availability always a problem in Godzone.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Thanks for that Phil.

Where can I find a list of eligible cars please for pre 1987.

WRC part would be the same as previously I presume plus any newly eligible cars.

Is max. of one entry allowed in each category or do you have to chose.

Regards

Chas Le Breton.

Have a look at the 2009/2010 series which was similar but went up until 1997, so there would be a handful of the more modern cars which would not be eligible.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Ben I know that the last time we ran historic cars it went to 97 BUT it starts to become a little blurred with a the cars as Stig proved being able to run his Megane in both WRC and historic.

The 87 cut off is the end of Group B cars. I know it does leave out a few cars, BUT is a lot easier to sort cars and some new great cars that fit this period.

Charles I will try and get some time to do a list.

At this time it is only a discussion to see if there is enough interest. I just thought WRC was starting to loose some interest and thought the change back to historic cars and the release of some nice new cars might spark up some more interest.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Hi Phil and Ben.

That's fine Phil. I would certainly be interested to enter in both categories if that is the decision. Certainly keen to see WRC continue as I finally have my car going.

Personally I like to continue campaigning the same car and gradually improve it rather than start from scratch again. My McLaren M6a has now done 3 Canam Proxies on same set of tyres and I hope to be able to enter Subaru in its third next year 2014 or if not the year after.

Ben I looked at 2009/2010 but did not find list. There was one on 2010/2011 but period was 1960 to 1980 so again this falls short.

Sounds like Phil has in hand but I need to wait until decision made. I just noticed in rules that entry is required by 15/9 but I assume that needs to be up-dated. Probably more like Feb 2014.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Looks interesting will have a look what I can use to enter.

Just a reminder that this car is still missing in action :unsure:

In the 2009/2009 OZ proxy

PB130274_zps8d03a15b.jpg

and in the last OZ Proxy

DSC06860_zps16c3f9b0.jpg

Fully loaded with Sloting plus axles spherical bearings rims and slot it crown gear.

Still hoping it pops up.

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

I will enter whatever the period if its a single class but i would prefer to run 2 classes ,i would enter both.

On another subject,excluding podded cars would leave some nice classic cars out as the Spirit BMW 2002.Why not include them with pod tightly screwed

starting from this year. Guide flag mount replacement can be made of anything including brass or just plastic?

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Charles the start date will not vary by very much as this event runs during the same period each year.,

The schedule is usually tight to keep the momentum up.

We need to sort one or two class's soon.

Depending on entry numbers entry may be limited to only one entry.

The event is usually pretty well supported, with close to 30 entries.

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

Hi Phil,

I'm happy to go with pre 87 cars for this year. The only thing I'd like to see added is a maximum width imposed as we did in the last series for classics. this is to stop the possibility of one particular model dominating the entry list.

I'm up for a round hosting too btw

Cheers Alan

I'm definately interested in this one...

Hoping for classic's as I have 3 to choose from...

SCX Sunbeam Lotus, SCX Fiat 131, and Scaley RS200...

The RS200 is definately the quickest, but the Fiat is easiest to drive...

I had planned to nominate historics BUT Dave opened up the two class idea, IMO may be worth a try this year and see what happens.

The first year we ran these the Fly Racing Porsche was the class of the field But at that time it was the only wide podded car around. Now there are some great cars from MSC, Avant, etc.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Tassie Resins

Email

My main concern at this stage is lack of time to entry/car receipt date. Last year entry deadline was 1/10 and arrival in Tassy 15/10 if I have it right.

With past performance of Tassy Post I will need to send by 15/9. Not much time when I do not know what I can run never lone get an eligible car if rules change.

Probably not a problem for past pre-1987 entrants but real headache for me.

Regards

Chas Le Breton