Nz Canam 2013 - Construction Projects

charlesx

Hi all budding Canam car builders.

As explained under Canam rules beware Canam cars that did not race in actual Canam.

Remember the livery selected needs to be reasonably true to an actual Canam series prototype.

Personally I am quite happy I made the wrong choice as it gives me the opportunity to build a car that hopefully nobody else is likely to have.

See below first part of process. I have pulled the car apart so I can repaint and applied primer where required. A start has also been made on turning down the wheels to be used as in serts.

IMG_5805_zps831c2e4f.jpg

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

I am a bit further down the track than Chas.

Here is my entry.

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4982.jpg

Ford GT40 #94 driven by Eppie Wietzes.

I started with a white NSR kit, made a couple of little cosmetic changes to make it look a bit more like the original car, printed some decals and there we have it.

Just a couple little things to attend to and its' ready to roll.

Alan Stubbings

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my enrty for this year. Still lots to do before I get it to the "scrutineering shed", HRS2 side-winder chassis, NSR super grips, Slot-It motor.

Love those big Carrera boats. There have been a few NZ proxy entries with this model before. I reckon they have huge potential.

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Yup, I thought the same as slotmadmac when we drove those 3 panzer 917-30's back in 2009.

Here is a sneak peek of DrSpeed's entry. It may have this body or #5 Dent Hulme - yet to be decided.

Slot-It HRS2 in-line chassis with NSR super 'gripes' on the back. Not yet sure of motor at this stage.

DSC03514_zps38fc329c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...