Sign in to follow this  
Yngwie

Track Call Buttons

Hi all. I have a trackmate interface and want to setup track call buttons at each station. I used to have this on my old track

and likes the idea. I have bought switches with LEDS which do not have COM NC or NO on them but rather POWER ACC GROUND. I have set it up so Power goes to the positive on the power supply (straight to the power supply), and ACC and GROUND goes to the trackmate interface. This does in fact cut the power but it goes ON then OFF then ON then OFF every time the track call switch is flicked. Can anyone see why this happening? I am sure it is really obvious but I am stumped!

Cheers

John

not sure if this helps (I dont have a trackmate interface) but your old switches Com = ground, NC normally closed =on, NO normally off = off. So if you reference this to the way your new switches connect it should work.

If I'm totally off track ,just ignore me ;-)

Can you post a pic of the connections on the new switches?

Drifter

www.sydneyslotcars.com

Thanks for the response Clive. Whilst not the switch I am using, its terminals are identical!

370329373_583.jpg

and this is the wiring diagram I am using

relayi3.jpg

This is 'interesting'

If it were me , I would try connecting the power terminal on the new switch to GREEN WIRE ( where the old NO terminal of the old Jumbo switch) connected.

Then connect ACC to YELLOW where the old COM terminal of the old switch.

it gets tricky where you need power and earth to the led to light it

I would not feed direct power to the switch as it may just earth/ground (pull low) a pin on the track interface. Even if it pulls high it will most likely be 5v not 12-16v

If I'm correct you could damage the track interface by connecting to direct power.

It looks like , all the switch in the above diagram does is to 'complete a circuit' rather than connect it to power or earth/ground

hope this helps

Drifter

www.sydneyslotcars.com

It looks like to me that the trackmate interface supposed to work with a momentary switch, not a permanent switch...

If you want a toggle style switch, it will need to be something like this...

http://www.jaycar.co...w.asp?ID=ST0577

productLarge_6301.jpg

Edited by shadow_rusty

Thanks for the response Clive. Whilst not the switch I am using, its terminals are identical!

370329373_583.jpg

and this is the wiring diagram I am using

relayi3.jpg

This is what you want track call button switch

trackcallbutton.jpg

if you want to put four of them on your track i will tell you how to wire them up

Cheers

Tony

Edited by slotrunner

John rusty has it right you need momentary contact switches. But not STOP buttons. Stop buttons open the circuit when pressed, Trakmate requires the button to complete the circuit for a moment.

The ones zgary has linked to will work fine. I have used shrouded ones on my track so that they don,t get pushed accident,.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

But a momentary switch requires someone to continually depress the switch for it to work. Surely track calls are not run this way, are they?

But a momentary switch requires someone to continually depress the switch for it to work. Surely track calls are not run this way, are they?

Yes they can, with my timing (Startline) the race controller presses space bar on the keyboard to pause the timer and cut power to the track.

Press space bar again to resume with 3 second countdown .

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

John the guys above are right. Trakmate requires the button to make and break for a track call. Press again to start again.

Any number of switches can be wired in parallel. I have one on each drivers position and two on marshalling points.

Only problem that We have found is that drivers push the buttons more than once and the program only pauses for a moment ang restarts. The time delay for the pause to work can be programmed in the setup.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Rather than having multiple track call buttons that anyone push/bump for any reason, you could also go to a portable wireless one that the Race Director controls.

:huh:

Steve K.