Round 9 The Final

kalbfellp

I finally had time to unpack the cars,clean the tyres and braids and give them a 4 lap shake down yesterday.

This is the track for the final round,May Park. I seem to have inherited his track from The Stig,

This round will consist of two stages one in either direction. Stage 1 will be 17 laps in the opposite direction to the way Dave,s car is facing.

Round9track_zpsa32b8f2d.jpg

Here is the current leader about to head off on the 4 lap shake down run.

Leaderstarts_zps0410c6fe.jpg

Times for the 4 lap test session.

PrologueResults_zps8fa1d271.jpg

This session was to simply check all the cars and ensure the track had plenty of eurethane down on the surface.

Two cars have some diff problems,Kia,s and Teamred both have shot crown gears. I tried to repair both but I cannot get the wheels off either car so have added a spacer to reduce the rear axle movement, after some lube and running in I thing both will be O.K for the two stages.

Branco,s motor is only just going BUT flush out with shellite seemed to improve it.

Hope to complete Stage one late today.

Blindingly fast shakedown from Ben's car.

Don't you just love the Miveson blind optimism? :)

Hope all goes well Phil.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Geez Mark havent you gone to bed yet :huh: . Thanks Phil for keeping my car going. Another reason for not running back to back proxies without changing everything. This should make Alexis happy from not being on the bottom :o:lol: . Lets see what happens in the first stage ,I could get lucky and finish ahead of him :blink::lol: .

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Well most the family was here yesterday afternoon so I filled in the afternoon and evening for the Grand kids marshaling and helping with stage 1.

They were very pleased that their car was leading at around the half way point.

They did go down the order a bit after that but were pleased to finish ahead of my Celica and also Tom and Cam.

Devious Dave,s car actually managed to fall off! I think this is about the difference between his car and Lennys, Bens car did not seem as fast BUT finished well,suiting this direction on the track.

The bottom 4 cars really suffered in the grip department.

Now looking forward to Stage 2 later this week when I can get some marshals again.

Stage1Score_zpscd39b315.jpg

I was hoping that Boss302 would have his Hillclimb fully running for one stage BUT still a week or so away.

But here are a couple of teaser pics of Bat Florio.

HC1_zpsaec88ca1.jpg

HC2_zpse440d492.jpg

HC3_zpsef466023.jpg

This hillclimb was built buy another guy who has been involved in racing since the sixties and needed room for his trains so gave Bruce the track and he has reconfigured it to fit his space and make it a continuous lap.

Edited by kalbfellp

Cheers for runnig the stage Phil and for sorting out my car.

Great looking lay out you have there.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Thanks for the shakedown and stage Phil,

I was at an all-time high when reading the shakedown results ending at #2,

was really thinking a top 10 could be possible, I am back on planet earth again :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the next stage.

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

The SillyCar doesn't seem to like Tasi this year. Oh well. Don't think it'll pull back the 2 point lead Mike has on me.

Thanks for Stage 1 Phil.

Congrats Lenny, Dave and Ben.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Stage two and the final Stage for the event was completed this afternoon.

Lenny managed to finish ahead of the ever smooth and reliable Devious. Third place was a bit of surprise as this car did not seem to be fast but just circulated for the 24 laps with no drama,well done Branco.

Stage2Results_zps02714d6f.jpg

So the final podium places for this round are Lenny,Devious and BenM.

I manged to get cleaned up by the Grand kids with a cheap Open Slot car.

Round9Results_zpse0973cff.jpg

More later.

I don't think I like Tasi anymore.

madatdocument.gif

Oh well.

Thanks for the round Phil and helpers. Congrats for the podium Lenny and Dave and Branco.

Congrats on the overall win Dave. Obviously an awesome car.

Made the top half this season. That'll do for now. Leaves top 10 to aim at for the next one.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Congratulations to Lenny, Dave and Ben on the stage results.

And congratulations to Dave, Lenny and Matt on the series results. There were some really close finishes right down the list.

Thanks Phil for the round and to all the other hosts and helpers throughout the event.

This is one of the most enjoyable proxies and I look forward to the next series.

Alan Stubbings

Congratulations to Lenny, Dave and Ben on the stage results AND even more so to Dave, Lenny and Matt on the series results. Dave you had a fairly clear lead going into the last round but many of the other positions remained in doubt right up to the end.

Thanks Phil for the last round and to all the other hosts and helpers throughout the series. Could not have been run more eficiently.

Also all my fellow competitors thanks for such a great competiton. Special congrats too to Branco for such a great finish. Perhaps next year us Kiwis will be able to give the Aussies an even better fight.

All the best to all and hope to see you again next year.

Charlesx

New Zealand

(one of the old farts)