Springbok Racer

Qld Scale Auto And Oapr Lmp State Endurance Championships

jan, when's the next scale auto race? maybe a 3 round sprint series would be a good thing for us local boys

Hi Jason,

If you would like to see a National Scale Auto Sprint Series, then by all means promote it. We can easily start such a series and add it to this part of the forum, but let's not do so unless it is what most guys would like. Perhaps you can start a thread under the normal 1/24th discussion section to gauge interest.

The current situation is that the boys down in Melbourne have indicated a possible VIC State Enduro with the Scale Auto's sometime around September, but you'll have to check with Tim, Greg and David for details. I know they all rather busy with the MCN preparations and perhaps will only get to the details of this enduro after that.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Yes, we're planning a race in September. As Jan correctly divined, I'm waiting until after the MCN before I bug Greg about it. Geoff Little (track owner) is very keen indeed about the event. We're planning a ScaleAuto sprint race on Saturday, and the 5 hour enduro on Sunday, finishing in good time for everyone to make flights home. Pending ratification from the FIA, it will be billed as the Victorian World Championships, so if you win you can call yourself a Victorian World Champion.

The track is a 5-laner, so we are hoping for a full field of five teams. We have two teams as definite starters already, the Jokers (of course!) and Geoff's team of locals. Hopefully we can attract three other teams to come and play with us. For what it's worth, there will be beer. And pizza. And sledging. Yes, LOTS of sledging.

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

And what would you know about sledging you baldy old coot.

I suppose Jan and Lars will have to carry you again, I don't know what they did to deserve getting stuck with you.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

I'll go to steal some more of Tim's recipes.

And to give him a hard time of course.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

I suppose Jan and Lars will have to carry you again, I don't know what they did to deserve getting stuck with you.

Garry,

Must admit, Lars has decided to go back to Sweden, whether it had anything to do with Tim is not clear....LOL. But watch this space, we (The Jokers) have some exciting replacements lined up to take Lars's place.

BTW guys, onec the Victorian World Championships become official these comments relating to that will get moved to the relevant thread - so keep the sledging going.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

i might even be able to make a victorian race! :P

i hope all of your racing is enjoyed

slot on!

:)

www.slotcaraustralia.com

will we need to amend the rules to allow snow chains for racing in victoria?

That is not as far-fetched as it might seem!

About 6 years ago, when we were still in the old location of upstairs at Ferguson St, Williamstown, we were having our usual Wednesday night race when we were struck by a hailstorm. I mean, a BIG FRICKIN' HAILSTORM WITH THUNDER AND WIND AND HAIL. The wind was so strong that it blew some hail inside through the cap in the guttering and some of it fell on the track. Rather than stop and try to clean it up we simply declared the race "wet" and kept going. Of course every time you hit the icy part of the track you would fall off. Just like real racing! We are quite the adventurous and "out there" bunch of racers, us Victorians.

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

when Peter caroline was running Hornsby in the 90's we ran a 24hr flexi race and Peter sprayed water on the track to simulate a rain period. so not as crazy as you might think....