Blue Ridge Parkway - 2 Lane Routed Track

dangermouse

Happy to provide any tips - for the grass in front of the wall I put a lot of thin strips of white glue on some baking paper and then sprinkled grass with the static grass applicator, once it dries it makes some really nice strips and is easier to put down than trying to stick the grass on the spot.

• Upvote 1

I checked with PlastaMasta and Gyprock who both do insulation as well as plaster, we don't have a Boral agent here in town, and neither knew what the hell I was talking about even when I shoved a sample under their noses. Of course, being here as distinct to anywhere else, neither would investigate further on my behalf either.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 11 months later...

Some progress on the tunnel

Ok well started on fixing up the last remaining hole in the scenery

I used a high density foam core board for the tunnel entrance - scribed with a pencil - coated in white glued and then sprinkled with sand for texture. Once dry paint grey and dry brush with a lighter grey and white.

I probably made the tunnel entrances bigger than they need to be... I didn't want the cars hitting them though

78E9FF27-AFE8-4513-8840-04395D9E2DEE_zps

02E83E8D-C293-4158-A51D-E4B4B48B691A_zps

0896500E-B4D4-46D2-8096-1585B747B25E_zps

Edited by dangermouse
  • Upvote 1

Been a while since your last post on this one I thought it was a dead duck, The bridge is coming along very nicely indeed.

Is the radius of the curve inside it likely to cause a problem with cars coming off or, can you hoon without issue or, will the momentum of a derailed car just conveniently slide out.

In any case I look forward to more updates.

I have been busy making cars - I think I discovered resin kits about the time of my last update :)

A new driver to the track might come unstuck - if anything you are more likely to come off once out of the tunnel as there is a slight camber there that can cause grief if you drive to fast.

The car is in the tunnel for about 1/2 of a second plus the track is more of a driving rather than racing track so if you loose it in the tunnel you will slide out most likely.

I'm with you there, I much prefer driving a car than racing one, it is nice to see a car fishtailing around corners and not have someone saying "you know fishtailing will slow you down" I know but it looks good and is fun.

Have you put any of your cars up that you have built I don't recall seeing any.

Shows my ignorance I did see them not the Alfa though, lovely work on those too,

great hobby huh.

Some modelling, engineering, landscaping, woodwork, electrical, cursing, swearing, it has it all.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Nice work

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

• 2 weeks later...

Love the track, Love the era.

Well done DM I think you are setting the standard for landscaping.

• 10 months later...