Mcn Track

Camber

Hi Cam,

There has been a lot of work at MR over the last month with the removal and installation of the Kingelman in its new home and the installation of the new 8 lane track here to keep the business/hire side going.

There are track plans I've been told and no doubt we will see something shortly, will see if I can get a copy of the layout.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

• 1 month later...

We have been ultra busy in the shop since early January refurbishing a 30 year old Slingshot track, and now it's time to start building the MCN track.

We have found a design on the web and sketched it out roughly.

The area allocated is approx 4 mts x 8 mts.

Go here to view the new track design

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

It doesn't look anything like Jan's track and from talking to Peter Dimmers tonight the track will look different to what is sketched and will have quite a few elevation changes as some of the corners go downhill and then uphill.

It doesn't look anything like Jan's track and from talking to Peter Dimmers tonight the track will look different to what is sketched and will have quite a few elevation changes as some of the corners go downhill and then uphill.

Not sure who you are Tony .. How ever my self and Garry J race on Jan's track nearly every week and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen you on a regular basis if ever. And I concur with Garry J that it looks alot like the track Ecurie Elite which is Jan's track.

Noel B

Ok...

I've seen Jans track and there are considerable differences and its a rough sketch anyway does it really matter ? Really ??

It's going to be a fantastic much needed track here in Victoria and as ive said to Peter I'm going to help get this track built in any way I can..

This track regardless of its similaritys to another track is a positive move forward and I can see myself and many other Vics making a regular visit for some scale racing.

Noel,

Tony races at MR every week and has done so for along time, one of the true locals that supports his local raceway.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Thanks David for backing up my statement and to pointing out to Noel who i am.I may not race interstate due to a lack of finance but i have been racing for 45 years and on numerous different circuits and classes ranging from womps through to wing 12 as well as Plafit sports cars(third in 2010 nats at MR).I have also competed in various other national races such as the Brock Trophy,Geoghan Trophy,Adam Miller Trophy and various state titles.Also i have been club champion at MR in our GT1 and Touring Cars classes for the last 3 years.

I have seen pictures of Jan's track and also the planned scale track for MR and they are totally different.Peter Dimmers showed me a better drawing and discussed the elevation changes with me tonight as he knows that i intend to compete in the scale nats as i do support alot of events that MR put on and i buy all my parts from there.Having been a track manger before i do know what it means to truly support your local raceway otherwise we don't have anywhere to raceif it were to close.

Perhaps a bit of a Shame that it's Only a 6 lane track,..would THE MR track possibly be 8 ??

I'd still Really like to see a track like the Flat track at BPR,..(Yeah I know I often mention it !!,..lol),..it's a Fast design and the Lap times Across the lanes are Surprisingly similar.

In Any case, a More Road Style 'Flatter' track, would ofcourse be a good thing.

:)

I have a nephew (4th year apprentice cabinet maker) coming in today to look at making a start.

To answer a few of the early questions ...

We can't squeeze 8 lanes into the area we have.

Peter D found a picture of the desigh we like off the internet somewhere.

And it has some similarities to Jan's track. It also has some similarities to Hornsby's smaller track too.

Then again, the Thunderbird track is almost exactly the same as the 4 laner we sold last year.

So we shouldn't get too caught up in "originalities". Our final design will have some slight mod's

to the existing design. And they are only included to allow fitment into the existing shop space.

The controller panel will be along the main straight as usual. And Marshalling will also be easy

with no obstructions to the drivers.

Some other changes will be to the voltage which will be approx 12.0 volts for qualifying and racing.

Edited by mrslotcar.com

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

Too many Tony's, too long ago. :ph34r: Quickslot or Tom Thumb Tony? :) .. Its a great step forward for scale racing in Victoria that MR is actually getting a flat track for the huge talent pool of drivers down there. Err, as for the track plan of Jans you cant see the sneaky elevation changes over the bridge :rolleyes: or what the triple radius back door corner does to confident drivers. :wacko::angry::blink::huh:

Peter,

I don't think anyone is concerned about "originalities". I merely made a comment that your sketch resembles Jan's track, which it does.

This basic layout has become popular around the world, with variations, for a reason. It works on many levels, driving challenge, marshalling positions, visibility.

The Hornsby track is the same basic layout also, I look forward to seeing your variation.

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill