Mcn Track

Camber

I had my first run on the new track today prior to competing in the 2 hour womp enduro.It is a fantastic track,sponge or foam tires seem to grip the best. It has a good mixture of fast and technical sections along with subtle elevation dips and rises.Those that are competing next weekend will really enjoy it and it will provide good racing.The timing system is the same Garry Johnson system that is used on the King and Slingshot tracks..

Gee Dave

Sledging your fellow Victorian racers is really a good way to gain favour for future events. Whilst i have a interest in this hobby to does not really extend to events such as these.

As to why, its none of your or any-one else's business.

I chose not to go because i don't want to. Perhaps its mainly economics, perhaps its other reasons.

Yes Peter has done a good job, i have had run on the track its very good. I'm sure there will be plenty of time for the "garage hero's" to have a run on the track in due course.

As for you axman, i already know how good i am, you see i have knocked off " davnic" the 4 times national champion many times on many DIFFERENT tracks. So i must be good hey !!!!

Good luck to all those participating i am sure you will enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Mark,

We know there's lots of good local racers out there! That's what I said wasn't it??

I Don't understand how this is not your thing, it was a few years ago..

Once every 3-4 years we have a major event local to us and it seems people make a point of avoiding it.

No one asked for you or anyone else to spend the whole weekend there..! Just for some support whether it be 10 classes or 1.

Yes you have won races against me on many tracks and that's fantastic, Lots of people have!! So

Yes I have won 4 times, and finished second and third more ... Why make this a point??

Brett, thanks for your input!!

Anyway the weekend was great fun and I look forward to the next.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Re-post 67

With any event or club there is, and will always be different levels of commitment and dedication by competitors, members or helpers, this can sometimes depend on how much spare time they have to give. I have followed the fantastic effort that it has taken to get the Nats up and running, and this hard work has paid off and congratulations to all, well done. I have been the President of a club for 15 year, and a helper and organizer of national and international events for over 24 years in a different hobby. Over these years I have seen how a positive attitude can encourage people and inspire them to participate and make an event a success. If insulting and attacking people (as in post67) is your way of asking people to come and support the event, what do you say to the guys you don’t want to come. . Like many others, I’m happy doing what I’m doing. My very limited spare time is my spare time to do with it I want. If you are Peter’s PR man, I thinks he needs to get a new one. Try and inspire it works!!

Edited by Rmac

Re-post 67

With any event or club there is, and will always be different levels of commitment and dedication by competitors, members or helpers, this can sometimes depend on how much spare time they have to give. I have followed the fantastic effort that it has taken to get the Nats up and running, and this hard work has paid off and congratulations to all, well done. I have been the President of a club for 15 year, and a helper and organizer of national and international events for over 24 years in a different hobby. Over these years I have seen how a positive attitude can encourage people and inspire them to participate and make an event a success. If insulting and attacking people (as in post67) is your way of asking people to come and support the event, what do you say to the guys you don’t want to come. . Like many others, I’m happy doing what I’m doing. My very limited spare time is my spare time to do with it I want. If you are Peter’s PR man, I thinks he needs to get a new one. Try and inspire it works!!

Like_1.jpg

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Dave, you can lead a horse to water.....

I think yourself (and others) have done an outstanding job to pull this event together.

Why was there such a poor local turnout? I simply can't get my head around that one. Club and home racers in Victoria had the opportunity to race in a professionally run national event on a track that was simply awesome...the best scale model track in Australia IMO. The drivers were friendly and courteous, you learn so much about car setups and it is a great way to meet fellow slotters from around the country.

I now worry for the MCN, especially if the locals can't be bothered racing which is the backbone of supporting it and Mobile Raceways. It now seems you are being targeted because you showed some passion towards generating local interest in the event.

Please keep your head up and ignore the negative comments.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Dave, you can lead a horse to water.....

I think yourself (and others) have done an outstanding job to pull this event together.

Why was there such a poor local turnout? I simply can't get my head around that one. Club and home racers in Victoria had the opportunity to race in a professionally run national event on a track that was simply awesome...the best scale model track in Australia IMO. The drivers were friendly and courteous, you learn so much about car setups and it is a great way to meet fellow slotters from around the country.

I now worry for the MCN, especially if the locals can't be bothered racing which is the backbone of supporting it and Mobile Raceways. It now seems you are being targeted because you showed some passion towards generating local interest in the event.

Please keep your head up and ignore the negative comments.

- Cam

like I mentioned above I would have been there had I not had to work all weekend

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

I think you have made that point pretty much crystal clear, whether you personally show up or don't, I really don't give a rats.

The point is, I'm guessing there are lots of racers in the state who could have made it and didn't, which is a shame given the overall quality of the event.

Hoo Roo

Fantastic event held on an fantastic track, thanks to Peter and everyone at Mobile Raceways.

Thanks also to the interstate guys that made the effort to attend, great guys to race with.

Chris

Edited by mtpanorama

Corporate greed is driving inflation.

Cash, use it or lose it.  No Digital Currency, No Digital ID.

Thanks to Peter and his team at Mobile Raceways for not only putting on a superb event but in creating probably the best track that i have ever raced on and i have raced on many flat tracks and Blue Kings,Kinglemans,Englemans,etc.Also many thanks to the guys who made the effort to attend from interstate and the local guys who not only made this novice to scale racing welcome but also assisted with car setup,etc.I had a ball and some of the dicing that i had going lap after lap,side by side without being knocked off was some of the most enjoyable racing that i have had for a long time.Some of my fellow flexi-kar racers could certainly learn a thing or two about racing side by side.Looking forward to doing more scale racing in the future.

I am very pleased to hear that the event was a success, and that the track is as good as it looks. Congratulations to all winners (especially to the very dominant and extremely talented Shane Atkinson), and to Peter Dimmers and everyone else who made such an excellent track. Let's hope next year's MCNats build on such a good foundation. (Where are they, by the way?)

13 times world wanking champion. Not proud of it.

Guest jazzbell

Thanks once again for the run of the 2013 MCN Peter and team. I always love the trip to Melbourne to race at one of the best venues in the country.

The new track is by far the best track the country has to offer for model car racing now and it's the best track I've raced on. The finish of the track and the surface is perfect. This was a drivers track and a track for well set up cars.

Looking forward to the next scale track that will be built at MRW. This will be a separate track then for big meetings will join into the new one making around 250 feet,cant wait.

I have to say the Sunday classes was the high light for me as the racing was intense to the last lap for some of the classes.

The racing went down to the last minute for the podium places .The Gary Johnson timing system is great to watch with the predicted laps.

It was a pleasure building cars and working on other peoples cars and helping in any way i could to improve the performance of there cars. I even let people take photo of my cars as nothing to hide under the lid.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Congrats to Peter and helpers like Dave and guys I dont even know. Its great to see the passion and love of the hobby/sport.

Next year Im entering and encourage others to as well.

Rick

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Great looking track and the report i heard was it is absolutely fantastic to drive on. It is a source of great disappointment that i was unable to attend the nationals and drive on it. I hope to be able to at some stage in the future. I have a few cars that go ok so i would loved the opportunity to see if i could finish at the pointy end with a few classes.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

I didn’t go this year due to unforeseen circumstances so I can’t really comment on this event in particular but for what it’s worth here is my two cents worth on nats…

Running events is something I have done for work in the past and without boring you all I will summarise by saying, there is a lot more to it than you think, small things make a huge difference and they are a few basic things that you need to do and if your doing them wrong they can really hurt you. There is plenty of info about this sort of thing on the net but from what I’ve seen in 30 something years of racing there are lots of people who are great people, great with slot cars and all that but are hopeless at running events. Its not a reflection on them as a person but it is a subject that people take personally and I'm amazed at how many times I've warned someone about something only to see them go down with the ship just because they were too stubborn to look at the evidence subjectively, I see it all the time in my line work and it never ceases to amaze me.

Having so many locals not attend is not new, it happened last year as well and he been going on for ages, while a few things will help pull local numbers up its something I still don’t understand fully myself except to say that some people just like to be big fish in small ponds I guess, it happens lots, little groups with their own rules that suit them would make up 95% of the racing in this country. I think that while slot car racing in general is coming of age and the standard is getting better all the time it is still in its infancy really and is still seen as a back yard hobby sort of thing by the general public becasue in some ways, it still is.

Which brings me to Shane. I know he is wiping the floor at the moment which some may think that it doesn’t look good but I see it this way, he is bringing a new level of professional to the sport and I commend him for what he is doing, this is exactly what the sport needs. From what I saw in SA last year he prepared better than anyone, talking to the owner he simply spends more time on the track than anyone else and spending a few days around the guy I saw that he works really hard to do what he does, he was very open with info and setups etc even lent me a few cars!

Also he isn’t unbeatable, I’ve raced against people over here that were “Nintendo” generation kids that could pump out qualifying lap after qualifying lap in heat racing and not come off once in 16mins of racing over 170 laps with 2 tenths between their best & worst lap! The first time you see it it redefines what you believe is possible, I’ve also seen a kid who can drive two cars at the same time on diff lanes with the cars at different points of the track even, again pumping out good times… Anyway my point is he is beatable, there will be someone out there in the next few years who will challenge themselves and take it up a level but you have to be in it to win it and Shanes out there doing it, putting in the time and he is dragging us all along with him setting a new standard which is what the sport needs if it is to go forward. Instead of going away thinking I'll never beat that guy turn it into, next year I'm going to prepare better & put my time into my cars and driving.

Having these nats each year is building the foundation stones for the future to pave the way for things like maybe a national body, national standard-format of racing, maybe even a national racing series, sprints & enduros etc...

I Miss Brocky...

Silver Rocket Quote "Some people just like to be big fish in small ponds - little groupswith their own rules that suit them would make up 95% of racing in this country"

Bit long winded Rocket but I get where you're coming from. I see the frustration Commercial track owners have.. They build the track and expect the customers to come, and keep coming. Trouble is, compared to a nice cozy club track with a few mates, a few ales, the BBQ and good banter the commercial tracks are.. well .. kinda cold. A commercial track owner has to make hard business decisions to keep the doors open and what makes it tough is the internet and wholesalers doing mail order direct. This means there is even less reason for the club guys to go to a commercial track, get their bits and become familiar with the place and whats being run. The point clubs are missing is each state needs a decent commercial track as a meeting place for all clubs and racers for state and national events. The small clubs only need to have a slight re think, conform to only a couple of national classes so when track owners like Peter V stick their neck out and put on a National Event locals have a real chance of showing how good they are and give the interstaters some real competition.. Years ago when Brian Ashmore and I had Quickslot at Huntingdale new customers walking in the door were confronted with us having to teach them how to solder a chassis, sand and mount tyres, cutout, paint and mount body's yet we managed to get the biggest group of racers travelling the country to every National event. Why... well we ran it like a club... and we raced to National rules and the guys bought local.

We already have National rules in place for many classes and its a whole lot easier to build a car than it used to be so I cant see any reason why you would not steer your club to race at least one Plafit or Scaleauto event on a regular basis. This way you are better placed next time there is a state or national event at your local raceway and have the opportunity to meet and race against some great people at the same time... Most importantly, if each club, even just a little bit went to these events and prepped a car from bits over the local track counter it sure helps the track owner to keep the facility alive for all of us.

Edited by axman