Mcn Track

Camber

• 2 weeks later...

well looks like I'm out :angry: working all long weekend :unsure:

What no annual leave Shane?

Seems with all the comments and questions and interest on the forum is not reflected in the amount of entries!!!

For years people where bagging the Kingleman, and now there's arguably the best 6 laner in Australia installed still no one wants to race...

I know of at least 30 locals that aren't turning up???? Yes times are tough, I understand to well..,

It's $15 to enter a class!!! Not to much IMHO ..

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

well looks like I'm out :angry: working all long weekend :unsure:

What no annual leave Shane?

na mate havent been in the job long bugger

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Is there anymore information on the MCN Track ? ( any pics)

Rod,

I will upload some pictures tonight.

It's almost fully braided and ready to go, electrics, timing is done, drivers stations need to bolted on and it's ready..

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

fffffffaaaaarrrrrkkkkk (sorry) really wish I could be there now, I've got cars for classes :angry::unsure:

Edited by gref

regards

Shane

Latest pictures, will be running tonight.

The steele strips under the braid works perfectly with the magnet cars, the drivers stations need a few finishing touches (ledge for cars and hand controllers)

the green button on the drivers stations is to reset the lap times for that lane.

Cant wait to get the NSR Mosler,Miniz's and Scaleautos on to it tomorrow... :D

6198D51E-0962-4B72-90EC-A05699DD1DA8-3158-00000208C9404956_zpse6ef5f41.jpg

EBE00311-5576-47D9-B9D2-06199BC4E5DA-3158-00000208D7912E63_zps7d644164.jpg

24BE1925-966E-44C4-9D47-494ADA1E2DF4-3148-000002087ADD1C07_zps3121757e.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

As of 11 pm last night..up and running, the hrs of the last 2 weeks that Peter and the team at Mobile raceways have put in to get this awsome track ready is amazing, they were there till 2.30 am friday morning..and late last night..

This track is a welcome addition to the facility and is going to be veeeery well used for along time to come.

Im going there this arvo for some laps, i will give everyone some feedback on how it drives tonight.

5F3BFDA6-27DD-4368-B389-B85EAD879373-3158-0000024C39BF6179_zps16a6906a.jpg

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Well...

After driving on the new track today I have to say its a 1/24 foamie track...

I had a ball with the scaleauto and Greg C MiniZ.. The 1/32 cars on MJK seem a bit unpredictable where as the NSR cars were fantastic..

It seems to favour the 917 NSR but with some testing this coming Wednesday (all day) with the P68 and lead we'll see what happens..

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Track looks the goods but unfortunately the long weekend is already taken up with other committments, If it was a different time I would certainly be there, Ian

Ian, the Nats has been run on Queens birthday weekend for the last 4-5 years!

Seems a lot of near by locals are not coming to race next weekend, why is that? Love to know..

Awesome track which was wanted and now delivered but still all the backyard/garage/basement champions don't want to come out and play for whatever bullsh!t reason.

Feel free to comment, I'm open to hear!!! Is it a case of ( I'm not going to win so why bother??)

Is that what people teach there kids today? To hard don't try??

I had my 7 y/o there today doing laps so maybe he can run in the mag/am class.,

Plus tomorrow im building 15 odd cars which some are my 67 y/o dads so he can compete again..

Sorry if I offend anyone, but really suck it up???

I'm open to comments or pm's !!! I'm sure there will be none!!

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

You're so right David.. There is no excuse for locals not to support this event. Peter, in every way has committed, and delivered. The track he has built is what has been needed for years to let the victorian scale racers show what they've got. So, for all you garage racers that are beating your chests on how good you are.. get out and prove you're more than one track wonders,.Victoria drivers were once a serious force to be reckoned with.. What happened? Even with no commercial scale facility up here in Queensland our local garage racers can always be relied on for big events.

Dave, I hear where you are coming from and it is just your pure passion for the hobby...good on ya.

I have reorganised things and booked my flights today for Sunday's racing and can't wait, the track looks fabulous. It will be a long but fun day for me, anyone from NSW who wants to jump on a plane with me are welcome. I'll even help out with my spare cars if you need them.

Win lose or draw, events like this are really good fun. I hope some late entrants make the effort to compete.

If you're into slots and especially if you live in Victoria, I encourage you to enter.

I can certainly appreciate the effort that has gone into this event.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Like I commented earlier, if I wasn't working I'd be there. I have cars for classes, bought some specially lately, but rostered on so have to work. Where I work, it never closes, open 24hours everyday. so if I don't show up, things really turn to s#!t

regards

Shane

Dave,i will be at the track all day testing.As a long time flexi/wing car racer i am supporting this event big time by running in six classes plus later in the arvo i will be teaming up with Bruce for the 2 hour womp enduro.Peter has put alot of effort into this track to provide scale track as he was hoping it would kick start scale racing at the centre which i would like to more of.We all must not forget that the very first MCN was held at Mobile Raceways.

Thanks for all of the support everyone.

At MR we really happy with the build, and hope you can come down and enjoy a great weekend of racing on the new "Flat Black". (the track name was I suppose easy to come by, as it's flat, black, and we drunk S#@%t loads of coffee during it's construction.) The days were really long and have to thank some of the volunteers for their free time they gave over the past 4 weeks ... David and Paul Scrivens,Greg Colgan, Ian Jarrott, Len Harris and Murray Titterington (the supervisor!!). And to the MR Team headed by Peter Dimmers (RacerX), Harry Whelan, Debbie, Beccy and Mitchell.

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

I forgot to add for those coming down to race Magnet cars, even in the abscence of Magnabraid, we have been able to design and produce a magna track with the same or better results than Magna braid. This added about a weeks extra work and over $3,000 to the build.

Edited by mrslotcar.com

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

New track looks brilliant. Congratulations to all the MR crew that have worked so very hard on it.

I'd be down there as peanut gallery again, but alas I'm playing nurse for one parent while the other is in hospital.

Really hope it's a successful and fun weekend for all.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction