newso

1/24 Arii 1980 Corvette

1980chevcorvette.jpg

I've had this body for a while now and I always wanted to do a corvette,preferably a C5R,but couldn't get one in 1/24,so I bodged up an early model and put on a set of pattos decals,might give it a run at Hornsby in the sport class,its a bit narrow,but I like the look.

I used an old "dog bone"mjk chassis.

corvettechassis.jpg

terry

BTW,this is not a "patto plug",but in the past I have had reservations on pattos decals,but this lot were a delight to work with,thought it would be nice to hand out a bit of good,sometimes we only hear the bad.

Terry: Nice job,what do you use over the decals? I recently tried some floor finish and I could not get a shine,maybe I am testing the wrong stuff. The clear on the Alfa seemed to hold up O/K,was it diffrent to the Lola?

Phil

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hi Phil,well after many attempts to use everything but Tamiya,I used the Tamiya spray on clear coat (TS-13).

I applied 3 coats,the first a very light spray the 2nd a little heavier and the 3rd heavier again,I was mindful of the occasions in the past where the decals have curled up and died upon contact with clear sprays,but this one when real well,like I said the decals were a treat to work with.

I think I was real lucky with the Alfa B)

Its a pity about the corvettes being so narrow Steve,if only I could get a 1/24 greenwood then the problem would be sorted,are you looking at continuing your sunday racing at luddenham on a permanent basis?Do you have many starters?

terry

Terry,

We're planning on making Luddenham a regular thing, depending on how many turn up.

So far, we've had 5 ~ 6 guys for each of the last 2 Sundays. Not really enough for serious series to be run. :huh:

Although, a few of us have 1:24 Carrera cars that generate good racing. They're pretty close, not fast, but are close and would make for a good series.

The little 1:32 Scaleys (V8s & Nastycars) get around pretty quick as well.

Hopefully we can start a series soon.

B)

Steve K.