Plucka

Penrith Slotcar And Hobby Centre

Hi All,

Not sure if this one has slipped through to the keeper but Ken and Belinda from Slot Shop are a matter of weeks away from opening their new shop in Penrith.

Its already got the Kingleman from Mobile Raceway which Peter Brought up and set up for them.

they are putting together a tri oval (Its going to need a paint and re braid and that is happening currently).

they are also putting together a Huge Carrera track and some other 1/32 type tracks so the shop is wall to wall tracks (But with enough pit space as well).

There is also going to be a 1/24th scale quarter mile

They are planning on having an extensive range of parts, cars and sets.

there is also going to be a kitchen area for food and drinks and a place for parents to have a coffee and relax.

They will also be catering for Parties as well.

Race nights are yet to be finalised and classes will also need some discussion.

I think this is going to be very good for the Penrith Area as the guys are quite hospitable

the location is off York street, ill post the full address when they are operating full time.

Plucka

Hi Plucka, no it hadn't slipped though to the keeper, just that up til now, no-one has confirmed that it is happening.

In fact, I've heard rumours that there are 2 different centres opening in Penrith.

Do you know anything about the second one? Apparantly a whole slot centre from Canada has been shipped, is in the throws of being put together, and planned to be opened by the end of January.

:huh:

Steve K.

I have heard this, I have also heard that Garry Johnson was building the tracks.

Location not sure but i have heard very close to each other.

always the way, right when we say we need more tracks, two could possibly open near each other lol.

Oh well hopefully this can provide the kick start the hobby needs out west.

Super pumped!!

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect!

Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Knew you would be Lukey, gotta dust of those GT1s.

Steve I am not sure as to the actual where abouts of this possible 2nd shop but if rumors ar correct then they will be very close.

I'll dust everything off Pluck... Infact I've cleared one side of the garage out now and bought a ping pong table so the plan was to set up a few lengths of my 4 laner to give my cars a run.... Seems like a lifetime ago when we let our SCX Nascars out in anger for the last time at WSMCR :)

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect!

Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Good luck to Ken and Belinda in branching out.Hope all is successful.

Absolutely...

I know there are quite a few frustrated drag racers out there wanting some place to run.

Should be good.

:)

Steve K.

Hi guys,

There is a Facebook page for this shop. Just do a search for Penrith slot car and hobby shop. This is what's needed in western Sydney without having to travel all the way to artarmon or cronulla. Great work guys.

It won't be like this when it's different

Hoo yah! If this second track is done by Gary and is a commercial, the 2 should be able to co-exist.

Stu

Old racers race harder

From what i have heard,the two centres will be only two blocks apart and that the tracks for the second centre are coming from Canada.

... the tracks for the second centre are coming from Canada.

I believe they are already in Australia, per post #2.

:huh:

Steve K.

Well there's plenty of us out here, had heard about it a while ago but not been to Slot Shop to discuss as yet.

Did a net search, and one of the centres is going to be an extension of Barclay's RC and Hobbies currently on High St. Don't see how they can fit a track and drag strip in there, so they must be moving. Hopefully their slot related products have dropped in price as whenever I popped my head in there ( I got all my Woodland Scenic stuff from him), what they did have (one small cabinet worth) were over the top in prices, eg all Scaley V8s were $65+. He didn't seem to interested in slots back then, so interested to know what changed his view. My wife used to ask me if a business like that could be sustained in the area, so lets see how the next 12 months go with two of them in close proximity.

Edited by schuey19

Did a net search, and one of the centres is going to be an extension of Barclay's RC and Hobbies currently on High St. Don't see how they can fit a track and drag strip in there, so they must be moving. Hopefully their slot related products have dropped in price as whenever I popped my head in there ( I got all my Woodland Scenic stuff from him), what they did have (one small cabinet worth) were over the top in prices, eg all Scaley V8s were $65+. He didn't seem to interested in slots back then, so interested to know what changed his view. My wife used to ask me if a business like that could be sustained in the area, so lets see how the next 12 months go with two of them in close proximity.

Michael

Maybe the shop breakins on RC gear has turned them off. Not sure if they have had any issues themselves.

Barclays has upstairs aswell it has been advertised on Ebay for sale the shop $35,000 and $165,000 of stock

Schuey... $65 for a V8SC is still better than the $79.95 at Toyworld here.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Michael

Maybe the shop breakins on RC gear has turned them off. Not sure if they have had any issues themselves.

True Vince. Didn't know that had been happening.

Barclays has upstairs aswell it has been advertised on Ebay for sale the shop $35,000 and $165,000 of stock

I remember seeing it advertised for sale almost two years ago (I've been in Wagga almost 18 months now). But if the upstairs is the same footprint as below, it ain't that big...

Schuey... $65 for a V8SC is still better than the $79.95 at Toyworld here.

Fair enough, I suppose if you want a decent price just get it from a slot car shop, the toy and other hobby shops always priced them up. This shop also had SCX cars for 65+.

Either way, kind of bites. I lived in the Penrith area all my life with nothing there, get into slots with the SWSRG guys, build my track, then sell it and leave for Wagga and now TWO centres look to be opening up...

Edited by schuey19

Hi Everyone,

All the information Plucka provided about our store is correct. At this point in time, the Kingleman Track has been set up with our timing system and it's the first track in the shop ready to run. The Tri-Oval track is coming together over the next few days and we have commenced work on the Carrera 6 Lane Track. Our display cabinets have arrived and we're currently in the process of installing our slatwall for all our parts. The store is coming together quickly now and we're still on track to open by the end of January.

That's all for now. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook....PenrithSlotCars for more updates.

See you soon,

Jamie

The sale of Barclays RC shop is seperate from the two slot shops about to open in Penrith.

If the new owner of Barclays wants to they are being enticed by the advertisemet for the sale to "You could also set up a slot car track/race centre upstairs and host birthday parties with a little money spent setting it up or laser skirmish (you would have to check with council etc for rules/conditions). Or you could sub lease upstairs to someone else for other business purposes or slot cars or laser skirmish."

This would make three slot shops all within spitting distance of each other which in my belief would soon have that occuring as three is too many and customers do need choice but my thoughts are that this would not be financialy viable for some poor person trying to make a dollar and satisfy the growing customer base in the west Sydney.

I have been told by reliable sources who race at Hornsby that Wayne Bramble has left Hornsby to Manage the other slot shop about to open at Penrith not Ken and Belinda's one. Has anyone else been privi to this information?

Competition for not only sales but customer/racers will be intense as the new shops try to get the rent paid.

Best of luck to all concerned in promoting the hobby and making the leap to put the shops out there, so all is needed now is the slot car masses out west to frequent them every week then everyone will be smiling.

Welcome aboard Jamie and all the best with the venture.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Guest jazzbell

I wish you all the best on your new shop Jamie. Nothing beats the atmosphere of a great commercial centre. Myself i love to see the different people come through week after week

Don't want to take the shine off the new Penrith shop but why dont we keep to the topic of the new shop.

What you guy's are all saying is still not in concrete over another shop that will be 2 streets away. Everyone is getting second hand information,and yes it's all different and we all here different,i could even add something not even mentioned.

Yes Wayne know longer works at Hornsby,finished in December 2012. Does he work at a slot shop in Penrith right now,No.

regards shane a

team thunderbird